May 03, 2024, 10:18:26 AM

Author Topic: Condition Removals  (Read 24937 times)

pixelgeek

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
Re: Condition Removals
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2013, 04:27:30 PM »
Without my spell cards in front of me I would say yes.
  • Favourite Mage: Adramelech Warlock
Arcane Wonders Web Guy
Problem with the forums or website?

Send me a PM

Words to live by: I commit strongly to defending my wand.   Precisely so that I don't lose it.

Arcanus

• Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2013, 04:31:16 PM »
Yes, that is correct.  Geyser will remove Burn conditions, although that is not necessarily its primary function. Also, the Priestess can remove conditions as a natural ability.

Coming soon:  Wand of Healing can remove a condition or 2 points of damage every round. Clear Mind works like Purify and can remove all psychic conditions, plus Daze and Stun.

Cavie

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2013, 04:46:04 PM »
How soon?  I need them NOW  :lol:

Thanks for the quick replies.

pixelgeek

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2013, 05:16:55 PM »
Quote from: "Arcanus" post=6193
Yes, that is correct.  Geyser will remove Burn conditions, although that is not necessarily its primary function.

Says you  :lol:  I have yet to use it as an attack spell

Quote from: "Arcanus" post=6193
Coming soon:  Wand of Healing can remove a condition or 2 points of damage every round. Clear Mind works like Purify and can remove all psychic conditions, plus Daze and Stun.

Any ETA on these?  :cheer:
  • Favourite Mage: Adramelech Warlock
Arcane Wonders Web Guy
Problem with the forums or website?

Send me a PM

Words to live by: I commit strongly to defending my wand.   Precisely so that I don't lose it.

Arcanus

• Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2013, 08:48:59 PM »
Both of those spells did not make the cut for the Forcemaster vs. Warlord expansion. They are great cards, and the choices were tough.

They will appear first as a promo card either with Tom Vasel of Dice Tower, or in Organized Play, and then most likely make the next expansion (Necromancer vs. Druid).  

Just to be sure:  We are not collectible and don't want to be collectible!  We might release a card early as a promo, but will still make the card available for everyone!

Cavie

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2013, 09:05:52 PM »
Quote from: "Arcanus" post=6201
Both of those spells did not make the cut for the Forcemaster vs. Warlord expansion. They are great cards, and the choices were tough.

They will appear first as a promo card either with Tom Vasel of Dice Tower, or in Organized Play, and then most likely make the next expansion (Necromancer vs. Druid).  

Just to be sure:  We are not collectible and don't want to be collectible!  We might release a card early as a promo, but will still make the card available for everyone!

Thanks for that info Arcanus. I really appreciate the fact that this will not be a collectible game. Everything I have experienced with this game from components, rules and even website have been top notch!

dyobs69

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2013, 12:19:05 AM »
Multiple cripple/burn tokens on a creature requires an escape roll for each of them, is that right?

Daze token on Hydra, do I have to roll a 7+ for each strike?

Arcanus

• Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2013, 10:41:59 AM »
Yes, that is correct - you must roll once for each condition marker to remove it.

Daze:  Yes, each individual attack is rolled for - to see if it misses. This is normally done at the end of the Declare Attack Step (before the Avoid Attack Step, and before Defenses have to be used). However, if there is no Declare Attack step, then the rolls are made as soon as the attack starts.  

With Triplestrike, you normally skip the declare Attack step on the 2nd and 3rd strike (because the target was already declared once with the first strike).  But, you still have to roll to miss for each attack.

We are releasing a FAQ soon, which will cover this particular topic with Daze, as well as a few others.  it is being written by our rules guru Alex Mont and should be up sometime next week.

Hope this helps!

dyobs69

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2013, 02:22:30 PM »
And by the way sir, lets say I didnt roll a "0" for a burn token I have for my creature, how will the burn damage apply? will it depend on the attack die rolled 1 or 2 damage? or is it always 1 damage whether I roll a 1 or 2?

Koz

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2013, 10:58:55 AM »
Quote from: "Arcanus" post=6201

Are there any spells in the Forcemaster vs Warlord expansion that remove conditions?  IMO, a spell that does this is THE thing the game needs more than any other.  It's a meta choice we really need.  Conditions can be completely brutal and they need a good counter.

Arcanus

• Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2013, 11:11:30 AM »
On Dyobs69 question - how much direct damage you take is equal to the number of the die (1=1 damage, 2=2 damage).

We have a new spell called Renewing Spring.  It's level 2, Nature/Holy.  Place it in a zone and your creatures can go and drink from the spring.  It only takes them a quick action, but they heal 3 damage, and can remove 1 condition.

Also, next month's OP kit will have a Healing Wand, which is a wand that gives you a small healing spell, or you can also use it to remove a condition (like the Priestess' ability). Right after OP, this spell will find its way into the very next expansion set coming out (although without the gold foil promo stamp).

diceman

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2013, 07:00:26 AM »
Here's another issue that came up during last nights game:

Concerning STUN-condition:
My rulebook states, that when a creature receives STUN-condition during a Counter-Strike or through a Damage Barriere, the effect doesn't apply until its NEXT Action-Phase. What does that mean in detail? And I'm actually a little bit confused here, because this detail only shows up in my german copy of the rule-book, in the downloadable (english) Online-Version (2.0) it doesn't. Is this perhaps a recent Errata? Because other stuff, like the errata'd cards, are already up to date in the german edition of the game.
Thanks (again). :)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 07:06:13 AM by diceman »

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2013, 07:29:39 AM »
I'm not sure where exactly you are looking at in your rulebook to tell if the English version lines up precisely with it, but I am looking at both the hard copy and the PDF for the English Rulebook v2.0 and they both have the following on page 9 under the section about creature actions:

"Any conditions your creature gains due to an enemy damage barrier or counterstrike during its Action Phase are not resolved until your creature’s next Action Phase"

Similar wording can be found on page 28 underneath Step 8: Attack Ends. Basically, the way the rule works though, is that if a creature receives a condition in the middle of it's attack which would normally be removed at the end of it's action phase, it remains until the end of its NEXT action phase. This is so that the condition can actually have an effect on the creature, because otherwise it would do nothing at all in most cases.

diceman

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2013, 07:42:12 AM »
Okay, this actually clears everything up for me. So the part about "resolving" applies to the removal of conditions!

The thing is, that this tiny detail about conditions gained during a Counterstrike/Damage Barrier shows up under STUN in the german Codex, but not on the other condition-entrys. In the english version this doesn't show up in the Codex at all. However, the respective chapters you've cited, they are also described in the same way in the german rules; I just never noticed it.
Thanks a lot!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 07:44:34 AM by diceman »

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2013, 07:51:19 AM »
@Zuberi

Thank you for doing that
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage