May 16, 2024, 01:42:04 AM

Author Topic: Jinx Clarification  (Read 2964 times)

Banthalos

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Jinx Clarification
« on: December 11, 2012, 11:34:55 AM »
Again, I'm sorry if this was already asked and answered, which it ptobably was  :unsure:

I played only a couple of times with a friend so far and we were a but confused how to handle Jinx. Would it cancel a quick Melee Attack? Would the spell from a wand be put back in the spellbook? Or would it not even work on that?

Drealin

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Re: Jinx Clarification
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 11:48:17 AM »
Jinx specifies that it cancels a quick spell, so it wouldn't cancel any other kind of quick action, such as a quick attack or going on guard.
As long as the attack in the wand is a quick spell I would think that it would work, as the mage is the one casting the spell, not the wand.  I'm not sure on it going back into the spell book, Jinx does say that it does, which would make Jinx much more worthwhile against mages that use wands.

pixelgeek

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 12:06:32 PM »
As Drealin mentioned, Jinx targets a Creature and is a Forced Reveal when that Creature casts a Quick Spell. So it won't effect any other Quick Action like a melee attack.

The card does not mention not working on Spellbound spells so I would have to assume that it does work on spells cast via Mage Wands making it quite nasty indeed.
  • Favourite Mage: Adramelech Warlock
Arcane Wonders Web Guy
Problem with the forums or website?

Send me a PM

Words to live by: I commit strongly to defending my wand.   Precisely so that I don't lose it.

Banthalos

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 12:58:45 PM »
Many thanks  :cheer:

Then we'll play it that way that the spell from the wand goes back in the book and a new one needs to by applied via another quick cast action as specified when changing the attached spell.