May 16, 2024, 01:54:48 PM

Author Topic: Force wave and hellfire trap  (Read 4245 times)

barriecritzer

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Force wave and hellfire trap
« on: April 06, 2014, 01:12:08 PM »
If you use forcewave to knock several creatures into a zone with a hellfire trap would the trap attack every creature?

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
Re: Force wave and hellfire trap
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 02:03:28 PM »
If you use forcewave to knock several creatures into a zone with a hellfire trap would the trap attack every creature?
You would resolve the effect of this spell one creature at a time. You would pick which one goes first, and he would trigger the Hellfire Trap and feel its wrath.....
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 09:21:54 AM »
You would resolve the effect of this spell one creature at a time. You would pick which one goes first, and he would trigger the Hellfire Trap and feel its wrath.....

This is correct. I made this ruling a while back. May have been lost in server moves. It causes several triggers but you only get 1 attack
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 06:29:57 PM by Shad0w »
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

auronvi

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 02:44:34 PM »
This is a great combo that I never thought about. It's the mana equivalent to a Ring of Fire but you subtract 1 from the damage and add the push effect. I will be adding Force Wave into my Warlock to try this out against my girlfriend's necro swarm. BURN TOKENS!
"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!" - Auron

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2014, 03:03:17 PM »
Hell Fire trap only attacks 1 creature.

auronvi

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2014, 01:09:34 PM »
Hell Fire trap only attacks 1 creature.

Damn, you are right.

[mwcard=MW1E22]Hellfire Trap[/mwcard]
"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!" - Auron

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2014, 04:27:45 PM »
Correct even if you had 20+ triggers it only gets the attack 1 time :P
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage