May 16, 2024, 07:00:54 AM

Author Topic: Some Questions about Attack rules  (Read 3014 times)

ayanesoul

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Some Questions about Attack rules
« on: May 24, 2013, 09:43:25 PM »
i have checked the rule book and Q&A lots of time, but i cant sure these question.

According to the rule book, the steps of Attack must follow the order,
1. Declare Attack
2. Avoid Attack
3. Roll Dice
4. Damage and Effects
5. Additional Strikes
6. Damage Barrier
7. Counterstrike
8. Attack Ends

and my questions are,

1. in the step 4, if my roll damage can kill the enemy creature, it will die immediately? or killed after the attack ends?

2. if the creature is killed after the attack ends, it means the creature can make a counterstrike?

3. the effects will happen immediately after rolling? if yes, the stunned creature can't make the counterstrike?

4. is the Daze effect the counterstrike action?

5. according the rule, sweep is a new attack action.
    so, if the creature is stunned in the counterstrike step, can it make the sweep action?

6. if the creature is stunned by the counterstrike action, can i remove the stun effect after the attack end , because the creature has end of it action phase?

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Some Questions about Attack rules
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2013, 10:32:07 AM »
According to the rule book, the steps of Attack must follow the order,
1. Declare Attack
2. Avoid Attack
3. Roll Dice
4. Damage and Effects
5. Additional Strikes
6. Damage Barrier
7. Counterstrike
8. Attack Ends

1. in the step 4, if my roll damage can kill the enemy creature, it will die immediately? or killed after the attack ends?
Before applying damage and effects in in step 4 but after step 3 has been completed a player can reveal enchantments. So if you had an enchant that gave more life, armor, or altered effect rolls you could reveal it between steps 3 and 4. After all players have passed you then apply damage. At this point you check to see if the damage meets or exceeds the objects current health. If yes place that object into the discard pile. Now you look at step 5 could this attack target another target if yes start the next attack chain. If not go to 8

2. if the creature is killed after the attack ends, it means the creature can make a counterstrike?
Nope it must survive to counter strike.

3. the effects will happen immediately after rolling? if yes, the stunned creature can't make the counterstrike?

You have time between 3 & 4 to react with enchant flips. Once 4 has resolved the effect is in place. So if you stun it cant counter strike back.

4. is the Daze effect the counterstrike action?
What are you asking?
Think your question is does daze effect counterstrike?
Yes it does

5. according the rule, sweep is a new attack action.
    so, if the creature is stunned in the counterstrike step, can it make the sweep action?

Counterstrike does not happen till after all attack additional attacks have resolved.

6. if the creature is stunned by the counterstrike action, can i remove the stun effect after the attack end , because the creature has end of it action phase?
Yes if during the counterstrike step you got stunned it would get removed at end of action.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 08:34:22 PM by Shad0w »
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Hale_32bit

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2013, 11:26:38 AM »

Yes if during the counterstrike step you got stunned it would get removed at end of action.

No. "Attack End" in rulebook (v2.0 p28).

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2013, 08:33:38 PM »
Did not have the 2.0 on me at the time crazy busy at work TY
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

ayanesoul

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2013, 06:55:21 AM »
thanks for the answer!

Hale_32bit

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2013, 07:32:30 AM »
Did not have the 2.0 on me at the time crazy busy at work TY

Ok.

"Any conditions that the attacker gained as a
result of the defender’s damage
barrier or counterstrike are not
resolved at the end of this Action
Phase." Rulebook V1.0 p32

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2013, 10:24:59 AM »
Of my 8 hour shift I worked 9.5 hours with no lunch. One of the tech ran a Ghost job across the entire network. He selected 2800 systems to ghost windows 7 onto. We were able to cancel the job but we know of 6 system that did get deleted and because of the holiday weekend we may find more on Tue and Wed. MW was the last thing on my mind.  :P