May 19, 2024, 09:41:57 AM

Author Topic: MW Battlegrounds Domination Spoilers  (Read 187918 times)

echephron

• Player
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • The finest in mage wear...
    • View Profile
Re: MW Battlegrounds Domination Spoilers
« Reply #120 on: June 08, 2015, 11:47:33 PM »
I was thinking Slaknir + 4 [mwcard=FWC05]Goblin Grunts[/mwcard] + the overpriced [mwcard=MWSTX1CKI02]Akiro's Battle Cry[/mwcard]+ orc warlord charge battle order.
12 mana + 4x4=16 mana + 14 mana +1 = 43 total

thats 4 x 6 = 24 fast and elusive dice of damage and you still have plenty of ways to buff that offensively and defensively including: marked for death, battle standard, armory, and lifetree
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

V10lentray

• Member of Arcane Duels
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Re: MW Battlegrounds What We Know So Far
« Reply #121 on: June 09, 2015, 08:00:10 AM »

With Battlegrounds Domination in the wild, how soon can we expect a spell database/deck builder update?

The Spellbook builder is managed by a forum contributor who does it out of the kindness of his heart. Some of you fail to realize that AW is a company of 5-6 employees, and a small army of Ambassadors.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • Playing face-to-face in Ottawa again soon
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
« Reply #122 on: June 09, 2015, 09:01:43 AM »

With Battlegrounds Domination in the wild, how soon can we expect a spell database/deck builder update?

The Spellbook builder is managed by a forum contributor who does it out of the kindness of his heart. Some of you fail to realize that AW is a company of 5-6 employees, and a small army of Ambassadors.

I thought there were only ~4 regular employees. In any case, I think it's important to the growth of the Mage Wars community that electronic resources be maintained and updated in a timely fashion - e.g. rules and FAQ, card database and spell book building tools, etc.  That probably means contracting an individual to perform the update, which may involve additional coding. Same goes for the app. I think the card database is actually more important since it is available to anyone with an Internet connection, and is used for referencing cards for several purposes including forum links and checking current card text for those with older editions (although there are still a few examples where out-of-date text is pictured in the database). I think it would be a shame if it weren't updated shortly after the retail release of Battlegrounds: Domination.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 09:08:59 AM by iNano78 »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

fas723

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 09, 2015, 09:35:16 AM »

I thought there were only ~4 regular employees. In any case, I think it's important to the growth of the Mage Wars community that electronic resources be maintained and updated in a timely fashion - e.g. rules and FAQ, card database and spell book building tools, etc.  That probably means contracting an individual to perform the update, which may involve additional coding. Same goes for the app. I think the card database is actually more important since it is available to anyone with an Internet connection, and is used for referencing cards for several purposes including forum links and checking current card text for those with older editions (although there are still a few examples where out-of-date text is pictured in the database). I think it would be a shame if it weren't updated shortly after the retail release of Battlegrounds: Domination.

Couldn't agree more. Besides, with a proper built database no coding is nessessary to just add new cards. That could simply be done by anyone without any programming skills.

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 09, 2015, 09:37:13 AM »

There are 4 employees at the company, other than Bryan. Right now our app developers are working on the domination update for the app. As for updates to the FAQ, I have a few excellent individuals I need to talk with and see if they can help me with that project.

You're right timely updates can really help us, but at the moment, I'm stuck between building the product we need, and the support everyone deserves. Rest assure I'm aware and we're trying to work on it.

vlad3theimpaler

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 10, 2015, 12:56:33 AM »
Well, I took pictures of all the cards today, but when I try to post them, it tells me that the attachments are too large.

Trying to upload them on boardgamegeek instead, since they have more flexible size restrictions.  The images are currently pending approval.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 01:26:26 AM by vlad3theimpaler »
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer

fas723

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 10, 2015, 03:29:28 AM »
Well, I took pictures of all the cards today, but when I try to post them, it tells me that the attachments are too large.

Trying to upload them on boardgamegeek instead, since they have more flexible size restrictions.  The images are currently pending approval.

Did you manage? Because I can't find any...not in the forum or in your gallery...

vlad3theimpaler

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 10, 2015, 04:24:30 AM »

Did you manage? Because I can't find any...not in the forum or in your gallery...

If I understand correctly, they won't show up until a moderator approves them.  Never uploaded images on bgg before, though.

Bluebaron

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 11, 2015, 03:59:04 AM »
Do you know, if the images have been approved? Unfortunately I can not find them.  :(

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • Playing face-to-face in Ottawa again soon
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
« Reply #129 on: June 11, 2015, 12:46:37 PM »
If you upload images to BGG in your personal gallery, then you don't have to wait for moderation.  If you want to upload them as images for a game entry, then you wait, but rarely more than a day.  Did you upload them for Mage Wars Arena or Mage Wars Arena: Battlegrounds Domination or somewhere else?  I don't see any images in your personal gallery.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 12:48:54 PM by iNano78 »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

vlad3theimpaler

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 11, 2015, 10:57:35 PM »
If you upload images to BGG in your personal gallery, then you don't have to wait for moderation.  If you want to upload them as images for a game entry, then you wait, but rarely more than a day.  Did you upload them for Mage Wars Arena or Mage Wars Arena: Battlegrounds Domination or somewhere else?  I don't see any images in your personal gallery.
I tired to upload them to the domination gallery, but they were all rejected for "too much glare."
Because, apparently having NO pictures is better than having pictures with a little bit of glare... ::)

I'll try uploading them to my personal gallery and see if that works better.

Erebus

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 14, 2015, 02:55:15 AM »
Any luck? I'm dying to get a look at the new cards!!!  :D
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
"You see the great thing about madness is that it's all in your head."

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #132 on: June 15, 2015, 01:50:04 PM »
Never Fear!  ;)
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

fas723

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 17, 2015, 05:05:30 AM »
This is starting to get ridiculous...
Why can't anyone (looking mainly at AW)  post the last cards / "spoilers"?  It's been like two weeks out in the public now. Please come on and do this now.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 09:16:59 AM by fas723 »

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #134 on: June 17, 2015, 02:08:56 PM »
I didn't want to spoil it, I'm making a video tonight with all the cards and everything else Domination has to offer. We had a pretty bad flood out here Monday and it delayed me. Hoping I can post it tonight as well.

Hoping to also give some suggestions on how to use the cards as well.

Later this week I'm trying to post some actual games of Domination being played. Hopefully I can get those up by Saturday.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 04:43:10 PM by Coshade »
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest