May 09, 2024, 10:23:59 AM

Author Topic: Define Object  (Read 3066 times)

Terrazas

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Define Object
« on: June 02, 2013, 03:51:12 PM »
Does a object mean equipment or conjuration only? Or anything?

Can I for example place harmonize on a mana crystle or huginn? And if its placed on the creature that creatures channeling would be increased by 1 not the Mages right?

Terrazas

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Define Object
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2013, 04:19:42 PM »
Also if you were to place a harmonize on a mana crystle is that considered a magebind because the mage is benefiting from it? Also does that apply if you applied that enchantment. Example attached to moonglow amulet?

Miyagi

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2013, 04:28:14 PM »
As an object You can count following:
- all conjurations,
- all creatures (including Your Mage),
- all equipments,
- and in some circumstances even enchantments,

As regards Your question about "Harmonize".
You cannot put Harmonize on Mana Crystal. The target "object" of Harmonize must have channeling trait.
So You can place Harmonize on Huggin because as familiar it has channeling and Harmonize will increase its channeling.
Mana Crystal/ Mana Flower give to Mage +1 channeling but it doesn't have channeling itself.

You can also put Harmonize on Your Mage or Spawnpoint.

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2013, 05:39:34 PM »
Also if you were to place a harmonize on a mana crystle is that considered a magebind because the mage is benefiting from it? Also does that apply if you applied that enchantment. Example attached to moonglow amulet?

Magebind is when you TARGET a mage - be it your own mage or an enemy mage. Then you pay the extra mana.
If you target equipment or anything else then you dont pay for magebind.

Mana crystals, mana flower and moonglow amulet do NOT have the channeling trait.
Yes - they increase the mages mana regeneration, but they do no generate mana themselves. So they do not have the channeling trait.
The icon for channeling is the purple sparkly circle. Familiars and Spawnpoints has this.

pixelgeek

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2013, 06:02:53 PM »
Does a object mean equipment or conjuration only? Or anything?

Page 42 of the rule book defines an Object
Enchantments, equipment, creatures, and conjurations are spells which become objects in the game, remaining in play after they are cast. The Mage is also considered an object. Incantation and attack spells do not become objects.

Can I for example place harmonize on a mana crystle or huginn? And if its placed on the creature that creatures channeling would be increased by 1 not the Mages right?

You can only place Harmonize on an object that has a Channeling value. It then increases that objects Channeling value by one and not the Mage's
  • Favourite Mage: Adramelech Warlock
Arcane Wonders Web Guy
Problem with the forums or website?

Send me a PM

Words to live by: I commit strongly to defending my wand.   Precisely so that I don't lose it.

Terrazas

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2013, 05:19:58 AM »
Ok makes a lot more sense now thank you.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2013, 06:22:13 AM »
jacksmack & Pixel for 1 sticker each
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage