May 03, 2024, 03:56:21 AM

Author Topic: ADMW Open 2 - An Open Online Mage Wars Tournament  (Read 48486 times)

Enti

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: ADMW Open 2 - An Open Online Mage Wars Tournament
« Reply #105 on: May 15, 2018, 04:53:36 PM »
DevSop vs. Enti   6pm EST // 12pm CEST

Would be nice if a recorder would be present.

Brian VanAlstyne

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 15, 2018, 05:07:35 PM »
That's this upcoming Sunday.

Enti

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 15, 2018, 05:18:22 PM »
True, thank you ^^

Puddnhead

• Member of Arcane Duels; MageCast Co-host
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 16, 2018, 03:46:45 PM »
DevSop vs. Enti   6pm EST // 12pm CEST

Would be nice if a recorder would be present.

So, my figuring is 12pm CEST is 6*AM* EDT...Is it midnight or noon your time, Enti?
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

Enti

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 16, 2018, 04:51:32 PM »
Midnight my time, evening for US citizen.

Puddnhead

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 16, 2018, 06:04:38 PM »
Midnight my time, evening for US citizen.

Alright, next question: is that midnight between Saturday and Sunday or midnight between Sunday and Monday?

I suppose another way to put it is: is devil planning to play on Saturday or Sunday evening?

Brian VanAlstyne

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 16, 2018, 06:10:04 PM »
I planned on Sunday evening my time.

Puddnhead

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 16, 2018, 07:09:42 PM »
I planned on Sunday evening my time.

Very good! I will endeavor to get that game recorded at the very least.

Puddnhead

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 25, 2018, 10:04:18 AM »
Just a reminder to all participants: You have 15 days to complete the group stage!  Let's get those matches scheduled!

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #114 on: June 01, 2018, 11:35:01 AM »
Just wanted to give an update. The standings are still pretty open on who advances! Just a quick congrats to both Romeoxero and Juli being the ones sure to advance!
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #115 on: June 18, 2018, 03:19:43 PM »
FIRST STAGE COMPLETE!

Just wanted to give a big congratulations to everyone advancing to the second stage. To everyone that is not advancing, I wanted to thank you for fighting well! There were a lot of great games and it will be fun to see what mages come out in the second stage.

Puddnhead and I will be doing a prediction stream this Wednesday 6/20 at 8PM CDT.  If you wanted to be a part of it, check out the Challonge link. They have a new prediction mode that lets all of you guess who will advance to become champion. We'll check out everyone's predictions and chuckle at the pre-tourney stress that every competitor must be feeling here. Feel free to fill out the whole thing, as once the brackets open you will not be able to predict anymore.

Link to Challonge ---> http://challonge.com/ADMWOpen2

Link to Youtube Stream --->https://gaming.youtube.com/c/ArcaneDuelsOfficial/live
Link to Twitch Stream  ---> https://www.twitch.tv/arcaneduels

Again congratulations to everyone that is advancing. I hope to see your best in the coming games!

SirJasonCrage

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 02, 2018, 02:57:49 PM »
The sun was setting in the distance, flooding the sky with different hues of red and orange, only interrupted by some dark clouds, a flock of black birds and the smoke rising from the burning castle. The ground was dipped in red as well, as I strode over scorched earth, trying to avoid all the arrows, swords and torn limbs lying around. There was no point in trying to avoid the blood. Might as well try to avoid the piss when swimming in a children's pool. My boots and half my pants were already suited to camouflage me on this post-battlefield when I finally found its owner. He didn't have any fans and followers around this time. Just a gruntled old man, who somehow managed to menacingly clean up this acre of mess.

"Lord Crage," I called out, waving my hands. Startled, he jerked his head around, with a wild and hunted look to his face. One of his eyes still had the embers of dark powers glowing behind its Iris, the other just stared at me, ashen and grey. It took him a second to recognize me and another to find his composure, but he subtly shifted his pose, rammed the ornate shovel into the ground with his remaining arm and waved back to me, some of his old arrogance returning to face and posture.

"I've been expecting you. Heard you coming a mile away and smelled your perfumes even before that," he said after just having shaken off the shock from being surprised by me.

"Not smelling of death, smoke and defeat kind of sets me apart from the place. Small wonder I'm sticking out." I chose to go along with his facade. Might get me some better answers from him. As I said that, a root came out of the ground and slithered up his leg like a snake. He eyed it for a second, as if weighing up different ways to violently get rid of it. In the end, he just sighed and shook his leg loose.
"So what was that thing you said about gardeners and warriors when I interviewed you?"
"I said that I wasn't preparing for fights against gardeners."
"You sure proved that point. That looked as unprepared as it gets."

The root came back, tugging at his foot. This time, he scorched it with flames from his hand. As he tried to beat out his burning robe, I looked at the remaints of battle around us.
"Is that Sardonyx over there?"
"No, that's the other gigantic bone dragon that got sacrificed against me." Sarcasm was dripping from his voice. He was obviously past the point of smalltalk.
"What did you think about his master, your first opponent?"
"He was good. Takes a lot of balls to summon the damn beast and even better judgement to get him out and actually have him be useful. Almost beat me, too."
"What about the other opponent you defeated? That ended on a knife's edge as well."
"Wizards are a tough bunch. He was pretty close to winning, but his concentration slipped near the end. I got to say I enjoyed crushing and suffocating him almost as much as I love to curse someone to a slow death."
"The other wizard was even tougher. Do you think you'd have won if..."
"If I didn't fuck myself square in the face by walking into his purge? I don't think we'll ever find out. It would have been less onesided and I'd sure make him suffer. Can't say if I'd win it though."

He looked to the horizon, towards the direction where the other battles would start soon. His ashen eye flared up, glowing red for a heartbeat and a look of regret and longing stole itself onto his face. I wanted to ask a question, but he answered it without me asking.
"I honestly don't think I could have survived being the thing that blocks Enti from entering the finals, much less blocking Juli from reaching Enti. Those two are going to crush all opposition. Juli's out for blood after having to stand on the sidelines at the end of the Sprudelhof battles. I pity his opponents. Most of the people who advanced so far don't have enough good books for their fights any more. Juli doesn't have enough fights left for his good books."
He grabbed the shovel and went back to his work. A small imp landed next to us, also carrying a shovel. As I looked across the battlefield, I noticed the carrion birds almost systematically working as if they were helping remove the corpses. A zombified Direwolf was literally digging its own grave and I could have sworn the scarred stump that reached out from Crage's shoulder had been shorter a few minutes ago. As he turned away to silently dismissed me, I asked a final question that had been nagging me.
"What burned your castle? None of your losses involved fire."
"That? Me. Place was overrun with lashers and Gremlins. I burned it all. I'll rebuild it even better and you bet I'll be there for the next battle. Write that into your damn report. Doesn't matter where they are, who they are or how strong they are. There's good days, there's bad days. Night follows day, lights fade to dark. And in that darkness, I'll wait. When my time comes, theirs is up."
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 03:04:13 PM by SirJasonCrage »

RomeoXero

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 05, 2018, 09:47:47 AM »
Finish the book homie. I'll be the first to buy one.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
I love this game. Its awesome!

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 07, 2018, 07:41:28 AM »
I'm fighting Farkas on Sunday July 15th at 9:30pm EST.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 10:48:08 PM by silverclawgrizzly »
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #119 on: July 31, 2018, 03:09:53 PM »
Official Announcement

Hey guys!
Just wanted to write about the status of the tournament. So it's been a rough two months. I got injured, other player's lives had issues with playing games. After some deliberation and attempts to communicate we have decided to give Juli a loss and move forward with the tournament. If he comes back he can still play from the loser's bracket, but if he misses the next deadline it will be considered a second loss.

Gen con is this week, so we are going to take a week off to do that. Starting August 6th we will resume the two week timer of playing your matches. Please check out challonge to see who you are facing. If you are having issues with communicating a time to schedule a match, always feel free to reach out to me or Puddnhead.

Good luck to everyone in the finals!

Thanks,
Coshade