May 16, 2024, 04:04:02 AM

Author Topic: hoodwink  (Read 2535 times)

exid

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • The longer the better!
    • View Profile
hoodwink
« on: April 19, 2016, 10:38:52 AM »
just to be sure:
if i reveal hoodwink when the object isn't targeted, i won't gain 3 mana but hoodwink comes back in my book?

Puddnhead

• Member of Arcane Duels; MageCast Co-host
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 8
    • View Profile
Re: hoodwink
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2016, 10:44:13 AM »
The way it is written:

"When this object is the target of an enemy controlled spell or attack, you may reveal Hoodwink..."

suggests to me that you cannot reveal it until the object to which it is attached as been targeted.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

exid

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • The longer the better!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2016, 11:00:01 AM »
The way it is written:

"When this object is the target of an enemy controlled spell or attack, you may reveal Hoodwink..."

suggests to me that you cannot reveal it until the object to which it is attached as been targeted.
but the general rulle says you can, and the card doesn't directly contradict it...

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2016, 11:09:04 AM »
It is not a mandatory reveal and you may indeed reveal it at other times if you wish. You will not gain the manna though AND it will not destroy itself. So it will just sit uselessly on the object for the rest of the game unless something else destroys it. When it gets destroyed, it will return to your book.

exid

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • The longer the better!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2016, 12:15:35 PM »
It is not a mandatory reveal and you may indeed reveal it at other times if you wish. You will not gain the manna though AND it will not destroy itself. So it will just sit uselessly on the object for the rest of the game unless something else destroys it. When it gets destroyed, it will return to your book.
of course.
thanks!