Mage Wars > Spells

Buffs and Counters to Killer Bees

<< < (2/6) > >>

Puddnhead:

--- Quote from: Arkdeniz on October 17, 2018, 05:16:29 PM ---Puddnhead,

The targeting rule re ET has been confirmed in the Rules Supplement:

"The enchantments must be moved to a legal target creature (a target you could cast the enchantments on as if you were casting each enchantment again on the new target)."

--- End quote ---

I am so relieved!

farkas1:
Yeahhhhh...dispute settled!!! Thank you puddnhead for sharing ur thoughts. Thank you Arkendeniz for confirming that it does not work on the swarms.  We can all sleep at night and not worry about super killer bees coming at us.   ;D

Arkdeniz:
It seems to me that the basic rule is that the powers of cards on the board can affect a swarm*, but a card played from the hand (except for attack spells) will not.

So incantations and enchantments (other than zone enchantments) will have no affect, but creatures, conjurations and attacks will work (subject to normal rules around traits and subtypes).

If this is right, you can add V'tar Force Sentry to the lists of cards that could hamper and aid Swarms (depending on who controls the Sentry).

*with the exception of some specifically forbidden spells, such as ET.

keejchen:
Good write-up Farkas.

Just one note: Crown of Protection does not work on swarms, the ability on the crown is a non-attack spell requiring a target.

I still hope there will be an official statement/update/clarification to the swarm trait, I foresee many frustrating debates coming up when the cards actually start getting used.

Coshade:
Nice thread! I think this kind of FAQ thread is needed for swarms

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version