May 13, 2024, 12:18:13 AM

Author Topic: Sneak peek at a card from the new Priestess Academy set!  (Read 17177 times)

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
Re: Sneak peek at a card from the new Priestess Academy set!
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2015, 05:05:40 PM »
Wow, I'm stunned!

Ladinfance, congrats!! you've outdone yourself. :D

I LOVE this card. My priest will have his old protector by his side a lot. man, what an avenger!

my only question, isn't he overpowered? He seems a bit overpowered. time will tell.

By turn 4 he could be up and powered. With minor heal even sooner, which might be a good option for him if you need it.
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2015, 05:56:24 PM »
I mean, you can think of a lot of combo's

1) cast + regrowth
2) bim shalla + cleric
3) he's ready after the clerics action

1) cast + bim
2) bim + bim
3) Before his action, he is ready

This can be combined with temple of light and the 3 bim shalla's can give melee +3 from turn 4 onward. teleport, buffs, cheetah, divine intervention, ... All ways to get him out of the starting zone from turn 3 onward.

He's not even priest(ess) only, so nature mages or warlords might use him. Other ways to heal are the spring, mohktari, or even a simple minor heal or mend ... It seems very very hard to stop from gaining his 5 dice since you would have to anticipate in turn 2. Only aggressive warlocks would have no problem doing it.

Seems really, really, really strong.

ringkichard

• Flightless Funpire
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Kich, if you prefer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2015, 06:12:45 PM »
Try it and see :)
I can take the fun out of anything. It's true; here, look at this spreadsheet.

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2015, 07:00:43 PM »
I mean, you can think of a lot of combo's

1) cast + regrowth
2) bim shalla + cleric
3) he's ready after the clerics action

1) cast + bim
2) bim + bim
3) Before his action, he is ready

This can be combined with temple of light and the 3 bim shalla's can give melee +3 from turn 4 onward. teleport, buffs, cheetah, divine intervention, ... All ways to get him out of the starting zone from turn 3 onward.

He's not even priest(ess) only, so nature mages or warlords might use him. Other ways to heal are the spring, mohktari, or even a simple minor heal or mend ... It seems very very hard to stop from gaining his 5 dice since you would have to anticipate in turn 2. Only aggressive warlocks would have no problem doing it.

Seems really, really, really strong.

Those are some good ideas! Unfortunately Bim Shalla received an errata back in 2013 to be unique. I believe it had something to do with your example of stacking melee +1 and knocking the lights out of the opponent. The first example with the cleric rocks!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 07:03:48 PM by Coshade »
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2015, 08:38:14 PM »
Look at Messenger of Bim-Shalla as another direction to get him healed and not burn an Action with nothing else in return.

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2015, 11:40:18 PM »
Look at Messenger of Bim-Shalla as another direction to get him healed and not burn an Action with nothing else in return.

That is a solid choice. I also love Lifelink!

https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/003/105/752/561aa8aac02ca5b62ebbfbf5a1b7c9d6_large.png?1420439467

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2015, 01:58:48 AM »
Dont forget guys, that you are spending Actions to removes debuff from a creature while you probably should or could cast a standard one and boost that. Also, Heals are tricky (Critical blank is still a blank ;) ) and Finite Life, Idol of Pestilence or Deathlock will hurt this guy very effectivly :)

But still, i will play him!
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2015, 02:04:32 AM »
I totally forgot about the errata ;) Glad it was nerfed then! That opening would be wayy to strong!

The opponent basically needs to abort his opening to stop you and even so, you could probably get around. And you don't need to spend that much effort to heal him. Giving him a regrowth/lifelink, bim shalla, cleric... All decent actions that will aid you in the future. I'm also not sure if he's meant to be used by warlords/nature mages.

To conclude myself, Love the card but I hope the playtesters are sure he is not too strong ;) Maybe he's not.. I don't know.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 02:09:01 AM by Halewijn »

Drefan

• Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2015, 02:41:27 AM »
That is a solid choice. I also love Lifelink!

https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/003/105/752/561aa8aac02ca5b62ebbfbf5a1b7c9d6_large.png?1420439467
I really like Lifelink for this creature!

Standing still in a zone with Lifelink (2+2) + Mohktari(8,) and you've a nasty defense for either the creature or the mage. Add a hand of Bim-Shalla (5) to that mix and you've a pretty good buddy build!

Would give the creature or mage 3 hp/turn via lifelink, + 2regen if in the zone of the tree, +1Melee/Armor or healing via Hand of Bim-Shalla.

Pretty much unkillable mage and creature unless you opponet plays deathlock or poison blood.

r1 Creature for 5 + Lifelink (2+2). 9/20 mana. Creature healed for 3/7 
r2 Mohktari (8.) + Hand of Bim'Shalla (5). 13/21 mana.

Creature healed to 7/7 with lifelink + Bim or 6/7 with Bim + Zone regen(2).
Mage will have taken 1 or 4dmg depending on route.

r3 = 19mana to spend
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 02:53:51 AM by Drefan »
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
Octagon user: Drefan

Brian VanAlstyne

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2015, 09:02:22 AM »
Would Lifelink be a way around Deathlock and Finite Life? Since the damage is just being transferred and not healed?

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2015, 09:04:29 AM »
No. Life Link specifially says "heal" and so Deathlock would stop it, as would Poisoned Blood.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2015, 12:13:02 PM »
A part of me thinks everyone's going about this the wrong way. There's a reason he's level 3 and costs 5 mana and comes with all that damage on him. Healing him with a heal spell will make him cost a bit too much spellbook points per attack dice.

I think the great thing about him might be that people underestimate him. He has a lot of staying power which makes him a decent guard, and since he starts out with only 1 attack die, people won't try to take him out right away. They'll leave him alone until he's almost fully healed, and by that point you'll have gotten off quite a few 1 die attacks and it will be too late. It's a good way to deal with enemy guards because of his builk, and he'd probably make an excellent holy avenger. Piercing would be amazing with this guy, and if he could get past guards easily enough he could basically be similar to a tanking dot strategy until his damage is all removed. Also since he's a soldier he works with Altar of Carnage, which means the Warlord could get a cheap source of extra mana and attacks which could get veteran markers, with the bonus of having an even more powerful attack later.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2015, 01:21:46 PM »
hmmm.. I don't think anyone would underestimate him... :P I think he looks like a huge, kill it very fast target.

Also, he's legendary, so no avenger.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 24, 2015, 02:06:33 PM »
hmmm.. I don't think anyone would underestimate him... :P I think he looks like a huge, kill it very fast target.

Also, he's legendary, so no avenger.

Oops I forgot, my bad.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

fas723

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 24, 2015, 05:19:39 PM »
What about Healing ward (the healing enchantment)? My thinking is old days could move into battle at once with his picky one die, and just poke around with the opponent. When you have a good killing blow oportunity at a creature just reveal before the attack and boom.

Why is everyone so keen on Linf link? What am I missing? To me Regrowth is so much better in every single situation. I see the stack option however.