May 12, 2024, 04:01:04 PM

Author Topic: Status of Tabletopia Module  (Read 19959 times)

jhaelen

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Status of Tabletopia Module
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2015, 01:59:10 AM »
There were some statements form the OCTGN developers that they plan to create a Mac version but theses are more than a year old.
This.

Tyrnan

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2015, 06:23:59 PM »
Hooray :D it's there! Magewars Acadamy is available on Tabletopia. (see http://www.arcanewonders.com/arcane-wonders/mage-wars-academy-launches-on-tabletopia).

Thanks to the people at Arcane Wonders and Tabletopia that made this happen!

Now some additional questions come to mind:
* After beta phase, will it be a free game or a premium one?
* Will Mage Wars Arena also be available on Tabletopia?
* if so, will it be free or premium?
* ... (no, I won't ask about Domination (yet ;-) ))
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
OCTGN: Tyrnan (GMT +1)

wtcannonjr

• Ambassador of Wychwood
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • WBC Mage Wars Tournament
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2015, 10:23:30 AM »
And the crowd roars "ARENA, ARENA, ARENA, ARENA"
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin

jhaelen

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2015, 02:08:48 AM »
And the crowd roars "ARENA, ARENA, ARENA, ARENA"
Definitely. For about a second I was excited about the news, then I realized it's only about Academy... :(

V10lentray

• Member of Arcane Duels
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2015, 10:33:14 AM »
So I was a KS backer of Tabletopia as soon as I saw that AW was working with them to create Mage wars on it. I have not logged into it or created my account yet, because i am fully awaiting the release of Arena on that platform.

I am one player who DESPISES OCTGN. I do not like playing on it, and watching OCTGN matches is almost like watching Paint Dry. I'd much rather watch matches with actual cards being played, than the OCTGN Versions.

I am excited for Tabletopia, because I can play a plethora of games on it, not just mage was for a measly $5 a month. In the same boat, I will still continue to buy the MW products because I prefer the physical game, even though I can never get to play it. I think I have only played one game since GenCon, which is sad because I live only Minutes from a bunch of local players, they just never come out and play.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 11:44:14 AM by V10lentray »

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2015, 10:47:04 AM »
I am one player who DESPISES OCTGN. I do not like playing on it, and watching OCTGN matches is almost like watching Paint Dry. I'd much rather watch matches with actual cards being played, then, the OCTGN Versions.
Enjoy watching a different color of paint dry...
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

V10lentray

• Member of Arcane Duels
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2015, 11:46:33 AM »
I am one player who DESPISES OCTGN. I do not like playing on it, and watching OCTGN matches is almost like watching Paint Dry. I'd much rather watch matches with actual cards being played, then, the OCTGN Versions.

I think it's more of the human interaction, that makes those far more interesting. even the OCTGN games that Coshade and Intangible, I find boring, even though there is some comentary. But the games where Coshade plays Intangible with cardboard is for more entertaining.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Status of Tabletopia Module
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2015, 12:02:46 PM »
So I was a KS backer of Tabletopia as soon as I saw that AW was working with them to create Mage wars on it. I have not logged into it or created my account yet, because i am fully awaiting the release of Arena on that platform.

I am excited for Tabletopia, because I can play a plethora of games on it, not just mage was for a measly $5 a month. In the same boat, I will still continue to buy the MW products because I prefer the physical game, even though I can never get to play it. I think I have only played one game since GenCon, which is sad because I live only Minutes from a bunch of local players, they just never come out and play.

What kind of place do you live in? Are there a lot of people there? I would recommend becoming an Arcane Wonders Ambassador and try to spread the game around.

To be honest I'm starting to wonder if we're getting close to the highest number of players who will ever be Arena players. The game has been out for a while, and it's more like a minis game than a typical card game. I'm guessing maybe Academy could end up with a MUCH larger player base, but I honestly have no idea.

I still wish there was a customizable version of apprentice mode arena. I imagine that it would have forwards compatibility with Arena but not backwards compatibility with Academy. Maybe they could release an academy expansion at some point designed for academy play on a 2x3 zone arena? It could have weaker walls that are not extendable, weaker pushing spells that are either random direction or can't push towards a wall with the passage attack nor the passage blocked trait. Things that deal cripple and stuck conditions, a weaker version of teleport trap that on 7+ eff roll can teleport a creature up to 1 zone away, etc. etc. there are so many possibilities!
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 12:10:00 PM by Sailor Vulcan »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2015, 12:09:04 PM »
I don't think we're near the max number of arena players. Now, for me finishing up PVS, and keeping that ball rolling will really help as it shows a growing and developing game. Right now I can understand why people may feel stalled a bit, but it won't stay that way forever. Also, I appreciate the efforts of each and every one of you to spread the word about Mage Wars. That's what makes this game great and makes this community great.

V10lentray

• Member of Arcane Duels
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2015, 03:21:23 PM »

What kind of place do you live in? Are there a lot of people there? I would recommend becoming an Arcane Wonders Ambassador and try to spread the game around.

I live about a half hour each direction of both of the arcane duels guys, pudinhead is about 20 minutes away a different direction. People around me play, they just never come out to the weekly game event I go to.

RomeoXero

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2015, 03:48:41 PM »
I'm pretty sure he is an ambassador already. Or he used to be.
I love this game. Its awesome!

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2015, 07:26:20 PM »

I'm using the phone app Tapatalk for browsing the forums right now, so I can't see whether it says he's an ambassador or not under his username. Once I'm on my computer I can see whether it says that.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

bigfatchef

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2015, 08:04:53 PM »
OCTGN may not win a prize for beauty, but it can handle all mechanics of mage wars, and that is a lot. The reason it is comparable to watching paint dry is that players are thinking quiet. Switch on Skype or anything like that and you have conversation. I bet tabletopia will exactly feel the same in that point. From what I have seen it is polished and nice looking, but if it will work as fluid as OCTGN is a totally different question. I guess no, but we will see.

I personally would just love to see the action markers in octgn a bit more colored at the edge when flipped to the white star side. Kind of hard to see whats going on when just watching on a small display.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2015, 08:54:47 PM »
OCTGN may not win a prize for beauty, but it can handle all mechanics of mage wars, and that is a lot. The reason it is comparable to watching paint dry is that players are thinking quiet. Switch on Skype or anything like that and you have conversation. I bet tabletopia will exactly feel the same in that point. From what I have seen it is polished and nice looking, but if it will work as fluid as OCTGN is a totally different question. I guess no, but we will see.

I personally would just love to see the action markers in octgn a bit more colored at the edge when flipped to the white star side. Kind of hard to see whats going on when just watching on a small display.

One of the up coming changes is the on hover text for Action Markers, they will now say Color Action Marker and Color Action Marker Used. This should help a bit, as for making the edges a bit sharper I will try but that is a small amount of real estate to begin with and on a small screen, there might not be much I can do.l
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

V10lentray

• Member of Arcane Duels
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2015, 11:40:12 PM »

I am. As well as a play tester.