May 13, 2024, 04:28:38 AM

Author Topic: Druid need more plants  (Read 15523 times)

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: Druid need more plants
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2016, 08:50:53 AM »
Hi Isel, long time no see.

Did you have a moment to check PvS, Priestess, Warlock and info about 4 new mages coming in a near future?

If your whole community stand and fall on plant creatures, i bet they must have been helluva gardeners :)
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

isel

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2016, 09:22:21 AM »

Did you have a moment to check PvS, Priestess, Warlock and info about 4 new mages coming in a near future?

If your whole community stand and fall on plant creatures, i bet they must have been helluva gardeners :)

Yeah, but i would like that the old ones don´t be forgotten.

Not too many druids in my conmunity, but the real problem, its that new players only see Wizard-warlock-beastmasters as the only mages with several options because they have more spells than anyone.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2016, 09:49:52 AM »

Yeah, but i would like that the old ones don´t be forgotten.

Not too many druids in my conmunity, but the real problem, its that new players only see Wizard-warlock-beastmasters as the only mages with several options because they have more spells than anyone.

That is likely a perception caused more by insufficient practice with and understanding of the different mages. The forcemaster has even less spells than Druid, but she still does quite well in competitive play, as does any Mage used by a sufficiently skilled player who knows their Mage well enough. Also the wizard was recently errata'd so that he cannot be trained in fire earth or water anymore. And wizard tower no longer has spellbind.

There still is the issue of high armor tanks using objects with spellbind to spam incantations and/or attack spells ad infinitum, but I suspect it's getting easier to destroy mage wands, elemental wands and helms of command. Crumble gets past nullify, dissolve gets past arcane ward, and corrosive orchid's effect gets past both of them. Curse equipment will also make it easier to destroy them because if the opponent doesn't sacrifice the equip they will take damage. If the opponent decided to try to use their Mage wands or elemental wands to get rid of more of your armor than you can get rid of theirs, then put on cloak of shadows or the promo card blur and stay out of their line of sight so they can't dissolve or corrode your armor.

New non-arcane alternatives to dispel are coming or have already come. Purify in the core set, remove curse in the priestess academy expansion, there is a promo for removing psychic enchantments and conditions called "Clear Mind". Plus there are more and more ways to counter an enchantment's effects without actually destroying the enchantment.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2016, 09:58:34 AM »
imo, the druid is one of THE strongest mages. She is simply amazing. Use tanglevines, support your plants with an animal or a spider. Use the beastmasters enchantments, ...

Vine snapper is not bad at all. Vine snapper + thornlasher + tanglevines with the vine tree is very hard to counter.

Yes, the necromancer has much more creatures, but that's about the only thing he has. He has almost no attacks, enchantments, conjurations, equipments or incantations. Of course, many necro's use the warlock's enchantments. My point is, I don't think the druid is weak or not supported because there are few plant creatures. Every mage has its own strengths.

edit: previous to academy and paladin vs Siren, the holy school was also very small. 2016 is a good year for them. maybe 2017 will bring more mind spells and plants. (maybe alternate forcemaster vs alternate druid  ::) )
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 10:03:25 AM by Halewijn »
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.

isel

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2016, 03:19:14 AM »
imo, the druid is one of THE strongest mages. She is simply amazing. Use tanglevines, support your plants with an animal or a spider. Use the beastmasters enchantments, ...

Vine snapper is not bad at all. Vine snapper + thornlasher + tanglevines with the vine tree is very hard to counter.

Yes, the necromancer has much more creatures, but that's about the only thing he has. He has almost no attacks, enchantments, conjurations, equipments or incantations. Of course, many necro's use the warlock's enchantments. My point is, I don't think the druid is weak or not supported because there are few plant creatures. Every mage has its own strengths.

edit: previous to academy and paladin vs Siren, the holy school was also very small. 2016 is a good year for them. maybe 2017 will bring more mind spells and plants. (maybe alternate forcemaster vs alternate druid  ::) )

I know the druid its good, but i believe you dont understand (mabye my fault for my poor english), What i said.
1) Druid is good.
2) Druid have few cards  to choose and few vine spells
3) When you have few cards only play the same tactic, another and another time (this is boring and frustrating when you see that arcane wonders make more cards and tactics with anothers mage)
4) When you have only 3 or 4 vine creatures and few cards, your opponent know your tactic and can counter it.
5) nechomancer in the same box had more creatures than druid and he can use dark creatures from basic box.
6) One of you will said, Try another mage, i tried, but i dont feel good playing another mage, because in my young as a roleplayer i choose ever and ever druid as profession, i like the plant power and all this stuff.
7) in any game when a player see that his favourites factions, army, mage, are forgotten for designers and developers, many people leave the game , because they become bored, and change the game for another, now im testing Vs System 2PCG, but i feeling the same as many players, they make a afiliation , and them that afiliation is forgotten.
8) i remember in a post, that one of them said that they are testing some plants...2 years ago.
9) if you take care of your game, this game can growth very good, and more sales you wil have, but you must attend all kind of players you will have, those that don´t mind playing with every mage, and those that are in love with a mage or two.
10) I believe, its not problem to get in any expansion, one or two cards for one or 2 mages that have less pool and less tactics.
11) in Academy for beastmaster, i saw too many creatures, and people only play the level 1 creatures, because you can summon 2 per turn. you could drop 2 slots of expensive creatures and put plants or something for forcemaster.
12) You have reason, forcemaster have few cards too, one friend that liked this one, dont play anymore for boring, for not to have more cards and tactics.
13) If several peoples feel the same, them its difficult for this game to growth, i´m not in the "embassor program" but i did several demostrations in my town, and when i said all the pros and cons, they don´t like the game, and the question that all of them ask is if all the mages will have new cards and tactics. And when you said how is the game acctually, they said, them it´s the same as warhammer, one army it´s forgotten and others rise more variety and more powerfull.

I like this game, but for now, i haven´t in my town anyone to play, and i put this post, hoping that developers and designers, make a study or something, because if there are more peoples that have my same feelings about the game, they ´ll do something to avoid this, and maybe te game growth another time.

In my country, Devir took this game to translate, and they said 2 years ago, that the game is ready, but for now, no words of date for realesing, .....2 years....

Well, i hope they change something, and i could play again this game.

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2016, 09:16:28 AM »
Yes, I see your point now. It might be good to include one or two cards of another faction into a new set. However, I checked and they actually do this in some sets. (like wizard tower)  :)

However, the holy school was also "forgotten" prior to 2016, and the water school had only a few, but very good, spells. Conquest for kumanjaro did not contain much for the holy school. Guardian angel being the only awesome new spell.

I firmly believe that after paladin vs Siren, the mind school will get more attention and it could contain some plants for the druid. Not that I know anything, but it is possible that "The lost grimoire" contains something for the druid.

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2016, 11:14:27 AM »
There was a new vine spell released in Beastmaster vs Wizard Academy. That was less then a year ago. I don't think they've forgotten about the Druid, they just have been focusing on other schools that needed help as well. I'm sure we'll see an alternate Druid, it just takes time.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
  • Out of the ashes, a new power will rise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2016, 11:18:39 AM »
From my point of view, Forcemaster and Druid probubly have the least cards, but that doesnt make them worse. However, it might make it harder to come up with orginal strategies.
The Phoenix shall rise.

Tyrnan

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2016, 07:33:56 PM »
From my point of view, you underestimate the possibilities of the Druid when you reduce her to plant spells, or worse, vine spells. Yes, the Vine Tree is very effective and you can create very powerful books based on it but there is much more to the druid than trees and plant spells. The nature school is one of the biggest schools in the game and it has much more to it than plant spells. You don't need to use one of the spawnpoint trees to treebond with. You could use [mwcard=DNJ03] Etherian Lifetree[/mwcard] or [mwcard=MW1J15] Mohktari, Great Tree of Life[/mwcard] for that. You can even play without a tree. Maybe try Spiders with the druid, they go very well with the hindering/slow down game the druid is very good in. Use Fellela with her. Don't forget about the water level 1 training. PvS will have at least some new water spells in which the druid is also trained.
I don't claim that any of these ideas yields competitiveley successive druid books, but I did see druid books that were succuessful in a competive environment that clearly didn't focus on plants! (e.g. the winner book of the first round of the german nationals http://www.foren.pegasus.de/foren/topic/27065-die-bresche-druidin-german-nationals-2016-vorrunde/ (in german, sorry), or look at Mysterie's druid book from Thunderdome G (http://forum.arcanewonders.com/index.php?topic=16570.msg65837#msg65837)).
One of the fun parts in Mage Wars (IMHO) is, that in principle you can use almost every card with almost every mage. And in order to use a mage effectively it is much more important to use that mages special abilities effectively than to stay in school with the spells. And as I said above, the Druid has lots of options to stay in school and use very unexpected spells at the same time.
So try to be creative, use the druid in ways you hadn't thought of before and you will have a lot of fun with her until eventually more cards of the sorts you envision will be released!
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
OCTGN: Tyrnan (GMT +1)

V10lentray

• Member of Arcane Duels
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2016, 08:33:45 PM »
Even with the creatures that can uproot, you're not going to be doing it most of the time because it uses up your mana.

My druid is very aggro and is all plants. it all about Vine tree, timing and mediation amulet.

Do you believe that with this image you can say that all mages are balanced?

Since the wizards "nerfing" I think the druid is the best mage. before the nerfing was the 2nd best mage.

I still think Warlord is the Worst. I love the idea, but I just can't get it to work.

Don't believe me, find me at Gencon. I'll bring my Druid anyday.

My Current book plays one promo card that is in Lost Grimoire (nature spell), and 3 spells / 5 cards that will be released in PvS (all water spells).
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 08:51:07 PM by V10lentray »
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2016, 09:11:17 PM »
I want to start by saying I think it is a really good thing for people to post their wants and desires on here. I know for a fact that Arcane Wonders listens very closely to their fan base, and if you say you want something as a group, they will try and make it happen. Now, I disagree that the Druid hasn't received any love in recent expansions, but I also understand that what you're really talking about is her getting an exciting new plant creature or conjuration and not just new nature spells, no matter how useful those might have been for her to include. You want something shiny.

I do however want to say that Arcane Wonders definitely takes the balance between mages very seriously. A lot of our conversations as playtesters revolve around balance and making sure all of the Mages are kept fun, interesting, and competitive. Expansions tend to be themed, but they try very hard to include things for every mage and play style even if they have to break out of that theme. For example, PvS is obviously heavily focused on Holy and Water, but it will assuredly include spells from all six of the major schools. Some getting more love than others, based upon where  support is needed. The fact that the Druid is doing so well competitively does play a part in her not getting any super awesome powerful cards, but we definitely still have her in mind (for example, the aforementioned vine spell she got in Academy). I am positive though that more plants will be forthcoming. But, if you're wanting something specific, you should definitely keep making requests. Fan feedback is important and AW listens to it better than a lot of companies.

jhaelen

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2016, 02:54:39 AM »
Well, currently, 4 of the 8 available mages have received an expansion adding a variant of the opposite sex, and 4 haven't. So, at least theoretically, the latter 4 will have fewer options. These mages are:

1) Forcemaster: this is the mage I'd like to se more options for the most. Currently, it seems it's a rather one-dimensional mage. It's about time for more mind creatures, and also more mind school attack spells and effects that don't revolve around 'pushing'.

2) Druid: as discussed in this thread, they have more options because the Nature school is well-represented. But apart from that, Druids don't offer that much variety. Main difference seems to come from which tree you choose for your bond. So, seeing more options for them would be nice, as well.

3) Necromancer: This mage comes with two main alternatives out of the box: being skeleton- or zombie-based. As I've already posted several times, I'd love to see a female Necromancer that focuses on ghosts, i.e. incorporeal undead that is less about raising an army and more 'controllery' in its abilities/effects.

4) Wizard: As the only mage from the core set that didn't receive a second expansion, yet, Wizards have had the least problems regarding variety, especially given that until very recently they were able to specialize in any of the four elemental schools. Now that they're limited to Air, I can at least see some merit in an expansion for them, but they're still the one mage who needs an expansion the least.

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2016, 03:42:13 AM »
3) Necromancer: This mage comes with two main alternatives out of the box: being skeleton- or zombie-based. As I've already posted several times, I'd love to see a female Necromancer that focuses on ghosts, i.e. incorporeal undead that is less about raising an army and more 'controllery' in its abilities/effects.

Exactly what I would like! Only non-living ones like the [mwcard=DNC04]Grey Wraith[/mwcard] and no undeads. And with some other training instead of poison. (I would also love errata to make the necro trained in the poison subtype)

Example:
Air whisperer: The (alternate) necromancer is trained in the wind subtype. Once per round, when a non-living creature is attacked, the necromancer may pay 2(?) mana to protect it, removing the ethereal traith from the attack targetting that creature.

Independent spirit: When a friendly, non-legendary, non-epic spirit  comes into play, you may make it your independent spirit. The upkeep costs of this creature is reduced by 2, to a minimum of zero. As a move action, the spirit may teleport to the necromancer's zone, regardless of line of sight.

wind instead of poison and upkeep for the creatures would probably make it a much more aggressive necromancer.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 03:53:12 AM by Halewijn »

isel

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2016, 05:02:37 AM »
From octgn:
ARcane school creatures: 22
Nature school creatures animals: 35
Nature school creatures plant -vine:  5  Conjurations: 13 - ---all of this cant move except uproot trait.
Mind school creatures: 3 (but remember that this school is specialize in non creatures spells).
Holy school creatures: 18 + Paladin upcoming.
Dark school creatures: 38

I think if druid it is a mage based on creature attacks and conjurations that Can´t be moved, have the less options.
I losed several games for this, my opponent take a position when my book its very exhausted of creature spells (5 creatures are very easiyly to count) and put him out of sight of my creatures and attack me with flightying creatures and long range spells, Druid have a very though problem against flying, and thorgorath its very stupid because cost high without counter strike for his lack of quick attack.

As i said 2 years ago , laddinfance or someone else said that will become more plants.....2 years ago.

I believe it´s not very difficult to make more cards and balanced, to give more options, but for now this game it´s only good when you are a begginner, and when you play the same, again and again, and they don´t give you more options, the game it´s getting boring.

How many plants do you believe they can do?

I believe SuperMario have more Mushrrooms and Plants than druid.

I dont ask for a all powerfull plant, only ask for variety, and when you see animals and more animals that beastmaster never will play because beastmaster it very good with only level 1 animals? Why they can´t use one or two slots of stupid cards never used (ever and ever) to give cards for more variety to another mage that lack of variety?.

I believe only Forcemaster can understand this, because forcemaster no need creatures forbidden for his hability but maybe more jedi tricks, to get more variety, and not get boring that playing only his scimitar and force field and less.

Now only see that wizard its the mage with more options, because it´s the more famous, the same as another games, and the more famous you are, more tricks for you, and that unbalanced the game, and the others mage never will be famous because they are forgotten.

Zuberi, said to ask for more, i did, and another people, no attention, nothing.

Now see, see for expansion:
-Soon priest will have academy expansion, and Paladin (both holy)+ Core+Kumanjaro
.Soon Warlock will have academy expansion, and he has core set, Forge in fire, Necro,... too many expansions
-Wizard: Core set - kumanjaro (tower)- Academy, In each expansion i seen one or 2 new arcane spells.
-Nature mages animals: Core set- Kumanjaro -  druid book raptor - Academy - Several animals promo.
-Plants: Core set (only 2 conjurations) -  Druid book - one vine spell in academy.
-Mind spells: Core set -  Forcemaster -  Battlegrounds - Academy i believe one or two.

It´s my vision of the game, and i believe making cards that never will be played, it´s loose an oportunity to help another mages, to get more options.

If in two years you don´t have more cards for your mage......How many years i must live to get only one?
Maybe when i´ll die, my brothers or son put the new plants in my tomb...but then i only ccould play necromancer.

steack

• Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
    • http://magewarsfr.forumactif.org/
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2016, 05:16:55 AM »

If i remember Arcane wonder  want created all academy's mages  , you will find  some news   spells for your mage