May 12, 2024, 09:31:36 AM

Author Topic: Druid need more plants  (Read 15518 times)

isel

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Druid need more plants
« on: January 26, 2014, 05:04:15 PM »
Hello, i ve played several times with druid and i found a bit boring, because there are few creature plants, and necromancer have more zombies and squeletons, i believe there would be more variety of creature plants, becuase i like it construct my spell books with a specific tematic.

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
Re: Druid need more plants
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 11:19:56 PM »
Druid seems to be more about conjurations than creatures. I think that's supposed to be her play style.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 03:04:38 PM »
In playtest I called her the sim city mage. She is about the build up.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

aquestrion

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 10:36:14 PM »
The druid has access to all the nature creatures, which are more plentiful than the demons of the dark school

Aylin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 11:33:36 PM »
A level 1 plant creature would be nice I suppose... Though honestly I'd expect it to be suckier than the Vine Snapper (which is so bad I take non-plants over it for a Druid).

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2014, 03:59:22 AM »
I would like to see some fungus or mushrooms make their way into the game. Maybe some Toadstool People or a fungus that does Rot even.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

webcatcher

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2014, 06:09:39 AM »
I think vine snapper is good.  It's a 5 dice attack with pierce for,  what,  7 mana?

Aylin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2014, 01:11:41 PM »
I think vine snapper is good.  It's a 5 dice attack with pierce for,  what,  7 mana?

The lack of uproot or any ability to hit anything outside of its zone hurts a lot.

webcatcher

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2014, 02:34:51 PM »
Sure, but stationary creatures are a general theme with the druid. Even with the creatures that can uproot, you're not going to be doing it most of the time because it uses up your mana. Instead, the druid needs to encourage the other mage to come into her fortress, either through actively moving him (teleport/force push) or by using ranged attacks or damage over time.

isel

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2014, 05:39:30 AM »
The druid has access to all the nature creatures, which are more plentiful than the demons of the dark school

I know that there are many creatures, but as i said i like to play a true druid, only plants and enchantments in relation with nature. I believe it´s bad for the game when i saw i druid (for example) with Mind spells or arcane spells, because i like that every mage have only his own type of spells, the last night i saw a druid with several dark spells, i dont like that.

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2014, 12:42:38 PM »
Who is to say what a "true druid" is? We are all individuals. There are evil druids and devout druids, druids who prefer to think and those who prefer to act. There is plenty of room in the arena for everyone. We don't discriminate. If mages were just limited to their trained schools, the game would be a lot less interesting.

ACG

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2014, 02:24:21 PM »
I would like to see more plant/vine conjurations with attacks for the Druid. I think that is an area in which she can really excel, and leads to a unique build (the conjuration swarm).

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2014, 02:53:31 PM »
I will support the more conjurations approach.

Aylin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2014, 03:04:09 PM »
Furthermore, the animal creatures are associated with Nature as well...some of them being quite powerful in the hands of a Druid. Galador, for example, is wonderful.

It isn't good to focus too much on plant creatures, since it leaves you vulnerable to Fire damage.

isel

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2016, 08:37:13 AM »
Waiting two years for more vine spells....

Too many Arcane spells
Fire spells...
Dark spells...
Animals....
Soon holy spells....

Where is the balanced between mages?
Why some schools have too many spells to choose to give support several tactics and Druid (vine spells) have the least?
For now in my community i can´t bring new players because all of them when see the database of spells, see the game unbalanced and don´t like.

One year and a half without playing because no new plants, no new mechanics, only wizards and wizards....

It´s a good game yet?

Wizard have a very good support thanks to academy, the same beastmaster.....and the other mages? We´ll have to wait 10 years to have more spells for our favourite schools?

This remembers me why i left warhammer, my sylvan elves had a new book every 7 years or more, while another more famous armies have one new every 2 years.

I ask this another time.

Do you believe that with this image you can say that all mages are balanced?