May 09, 2024, 08:50:43 AM

Author Topic: Looking for a little disclosure  (Read 12842 times)

kamishev

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for a little disclosure
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2012, 01:57:58 AM »
One more for second spell tome. Also i like the idea for mage specific tomes, but i think they have to come i little bit later after more mages has been released.

theduke850

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2012, 07:25:16 AM »
I'm for a second core spell tome too, if retailers want to sell singles they can break up the two spell tomes and have copies of everything.

Scarob

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2012, 02:57:03 PM »
Well my opinion is (and ive mentioned it in another post, my apologies) about having 90% of a box is pre set and the last 10% players choose what spells they want or something.

Anywho, there will inevitably be an online store for singles as all card games generally go that route. However there could be a special section on the online store for those that have signed up to list the spells that they would like to sell and could set their own prices, with a little extra for AW ;)

Nihilistiskism

• Master Debater
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2012, 06:27:55 AM »
Quote from: "Klaxas" post=1417
i cant say for sure.  but i am pretty sure most of the cards will be reprinted in expansions in the future.  the question is when....

Maybe they go the Game of Thrones (fantasy flight LCG) route, where they reprint cards, but only after the original production of the chapter pack that card came in is sold out across the board from every distributor.  :S

I hope they do release things and re-release things with some frequency.

That said, while I know I want to add more copies of certain things to my decks, I also think that new things coming out is better than reprints of old things. I know for a fact there is at least 1 company out there already selling singles of cards, so you never know there might eventually be a flourishing secondary market for this game, like there is for lots of other games. As long as you're able to find the cards you need without having to lay out the $$$ for a whole new base set I think I'd prefer new cards to old cards for the immediate future, but that's just me, maybe?

Basically, I get a lot more stoked over new cards (and am thus much more likely to buy the whole release) than if they do, like, half new cards and half reprints, because then I'm more likely to want to piecemeal my collection through a secondary market dealer than buy from Arcane Wonders the whole set.

Then again, if AW sells out of the base set entirely, and you can't get it anymore, then that would also go for the secondary market, and so NO ONE would be able to get it, and at that point I'd be thrilled to see reprints. Haha...it's a see-saw.

-nihil
Take a shower, don't talk like a junior high dropout, and stop being such a fatty.

Arcanus

• Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2012, 10:35:30 AM »
Quote from: "Koz" post=1494

By the way, I'm not sure why this is, but maybe you can answer this as well Arcanus.  I bought the Core Spell Tome from my local game store, but it cost $30.  I asked him why it cost so much, when it's only $20 online, and he said that he paid $20 from the distributor himself.  At first I thought it was just an online only product and the distributors were paying full price, but when I read your comment about your plan to "sell through the retailer" I was a bit confused.  Do you have any insight on why there is such a cost difference for that product between online sales and my local game store?

Hello Koz, sorry for the delayed response. That is weird!  We sell the Core Spell Tome to ALL distributors for $8.  That is our standard price worldwide.  They, in turn, sell it to retailers for $10 (25% markup).  We sell to the 8 largest  distributors in the USA.  Retailers should be able to buy the Core Spell Tome from any USA distributor for $10.  Retailers in turn, double the price to $20 when they sell to customers.  Those margins are standard throughout the industry.

If your retailer pal would like to contact us, our phone is 972-429-4791. If a distributor is unfairly marking something up we can take care of that very quickly!   :)

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2012, 11:12:36 AM »
Quote from: "Arcanus" post=1615

By the way, I'm not sure why this is, but maybe you can answer this as well Arcanus.  I bought the Core Spell Tome from my local game store, but it cost $30.  I asked him why it cost so much, when it's only $20 online, and he said that he paid $20 from the distributor himself.  At first I thought it was just an online only product and the distributors were paying full price, but when I read your comment about your plan to "sell through the retailer" I was a bit confused.  Do you have any insight on why there is such a cost difference for that product between online sales and my local game store?

Hello Koz, sorry for the delayed response. That is weird!  We sell the Core Spell Tome to ALL distributors for $8.  That is our standard price worldwide.  They, in turn, sell it to retailers for $10 (25% markup).  We sell to the 8 largest  distributors in the USA.  Retailers should be able to buy the Core Spell Tome from any USA distributor for $10.  Retailers in turn, double the price to $20 when they sell to customers.  Those margins are standard throughout the industry.

If your retailer pal would like to contact us, our phone is 972-429-4791. If a distributor is unfairly marking something up we can take care of that very quickly!   :)

I can already see Byran getting this Chain Lightning ready. :)
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Koz

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2012, 12:39:13 PM »
Quote from: "Arcanus" post=1615

Thank you very much for the honest and straight forward response.  Very refreshing for a game company (you guys remind me of AEG with your frankness, and they are a company that I love).  I will pass this info along to my local store owner and see what the deal is.  He is a long time friend of mine so I know he was telling me straight when he said how much his cost was on the product.  

Thanks again!

stadi

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2012, 08:04:56 AM »
I'd definitely like to have the 2nd Core Spell Tome. The Mage Booster Tomes also sound good. Maybe you could combine two of them and make them bigger. Like release only 3: Beastmaster-Warlock, Wizard-Priestess and one for the first expansion if needed.

Singles sound good but only as the last priority.

Thunderfrog

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2012, 01:16:14 PM »
I think it depends a lot on individual pricing. I like the idea of grouping by schools myself. I'd pay 5-8$ for a copy of all spells in a given school.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2012, 08:01:41 AM »
Quote from: "mitkosim" post=1673
Well I would just like to say that I am really glad that people shared their views on this thread. Whether because of it or not, I cannot say but the MW team has put up a survey on their facebook page about how you would like to address obtaining additional cards. So head over there and make your opinion count! :)

Here's the link to the page:
https://www.facebook.com/MageWars

If you have not already done so please take the survey.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Meth0s1337

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2012, 11:50:39 AM »
I took the survey and believe IMHO the Spell Tomes are the way to go for the good of all, especially with the game still so new on the market.
As both a gamer and collectorcompletest, I understand that my need to "have it all" is my choice and will cost me more in the longrun than say someone who is satisfied with the playing the game "as is" out of the box. I do not expect AW or my FLGS to take lossesmake concessions to fulfill my OCD needs.
AL has gone above and beyond to provide a fun, engaging game, out of the box and at a good value.
I would rather purchase a Tome with a few extras I don't need, than to go the singles path. There is way too much labor involved for AL to try and take that on. Although I love the idea of the Mage specific Packs, I do not view this as a good business model in terms of production/sales. AL may have data from play tests, but for an FLGS, it is too hard to project the numbers to order based on popularity of mages.Stores hate to get burned on dead SKUs.
It is also my belief that most gamers prefer to see new releases of new product more often than repackaging of already available product.
I already plan on purchasing a second base game just so I can have a second set of the mages to allow for Warlock vs Warlock battles! This is again my choice, but is not necessary for someone to enjoy the game.
Sorry if I started to ramble...I'll shut up for now.
Thanks,guys!
Chris

theduke850

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2012, 10:13:18 AM »
I posted a comment here and thought I should cross post it on this thread, since they are both essentially about the same topic.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2012, 10:43:10 AM »
you are correct they are very close to the same

SeanDeCoy

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2012, 03:00:21 PM »
Hey guys,

I posted something similar in another thread, but I wanted to let you guys know that we listened to your feedback and we're happy to announce that the Core Spell Tome 2 is now out and shipping to distributors as they order it. Be sure to let your retailers know that you want a copy in. We can't tell you how much it means to have fans that so willingly communicate honest feedback with us. We're a game company for gamers by gamers and we really want you to know that we listen to your feedback and we act on it. You guys wanted another CST to get more of the spells you wanted, and as soon as we could get it through production, you've got it! Between the CST1 and CST2 is now every card currently out. Thanks again for being such an awesome fanbase!

Edit: sorry, forgot the link to the article! http://magewars.com/jsite/jnews/lists/latest-news/2012-december/item/90-announcing-the-core-spell-tome-2

Koz

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2012, 11:44:45 AM »
Wow, this is out now?  Nice!  Didn't realize it was actually done, thought it was being announced as in production.  Great work guys, that was a very quick response.  Can't wait to get my hands on it :)