May 18, 2024, 09:47:33 AM

Author Topic: Mage Wars Mondays - Happy Thanksgiving  (Read 11304 times)

Nareus

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Wars Mondays - Happy Thanksgiving
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2015, 09:40:09 AM »
I saw that one coming.  ;) Sadly there is not much that I can say at the moment, but we'll see what I can do.

Maybe if that doesn't work out you could talk about the long term future of Mage Wars.
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
Evil is not necessary for good to exist. However, good is necessary for evil to exist, as all that is evil is a corruption of that which is good.

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2015, 09:53:03 AM »
I saw that one coming.  ;) Sadly there is not much that I can say at the moment, but we'll see what I can do.

Maybe if that doesn't work out you could talk about the long term future of Mage Wars.

That is a distinct possibility.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2015, 11:24:08 AM »

Long term future of Mage Wars... does that mean spoilers for future sets or something, or...?
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Nareus

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2015, 11:29:28 AM »

Long term future of Mage Wars... does that mean spoilers for future sets or something, or...?
I mean ideas for stuff several years in the future.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 11:42:01 AM by Nareus »
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
Evil is not necessary for good to exist. However, good is necessary for evil to exist, as all that is evil is a corruption of that which is good.

pete2

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2015, 06:35:12 AM »
I think that Arcane Wonders owe it to the Mage Wars community to inform them about future strategy and plans quite urgently. Real "Mage" expansions (not side projects like academy and battlegrounds) take quite a long time to get to the players, and even now we are waiting for ages for paladin versus siren...All the time Mage Wars could have grown and gained revenue on the sale of new expansions, gamers had to turn to other games to spend their money on...I myself started playing Android Netrunner and started to enjoy it quite a lot...

I get so excited for the next datapack to come out and to buy every other month..and i think is a missed opportunity  for Mage Wars products...  :'(

But be certain...my heart will stay with Mage Wars , no matter what happens ! ;)
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2015, 09:01:29 AM »
I think that Arcane Wonders owe it to the Mage Wars community to inform them about future strategy and plans quite urgently. Real "Mage" expansions (not side projects like academy and battlegrounds) take quite a long time to get to the players, and even now we are waiting for ages for paladin versus siren...All the time Mage Wars could have grown and gained revenue on the sale of new expansions, gamers had to turn to other games to spend their money on...I myself started playing Android Netrunner and started to enjoy it quite a lot...

I get so excited for the next datapack to come out and to buy every other month..and i think is a missed opportunity  for Mage Wars products...  :'(

But be certain...my heart will stay with Mage Wars , no matter what happens ! ;)

I know that we have mentioned our plans for the future in general a few times in the last year. However, I know that often this information ends up scattered to the four winds. So, I totally understand if most people haven't seen it.

So, I'll outline the base of the current plan right now. Paladin vs. Siren is the paramount priority right now. For me personally this set consumes my focus. This is easily the most important thing I'm working on. It's particularly exciting to me, and I'm hoping that when we're able to show off this set, you'll all be excited with it. That said, there is still a pretty healthy amount of work left on this set and so I'm sure cards and mechanics could change.

After PVS, we had planned to do another spell tome, like Forged in Fire. This one would cover the male Forcemaster and the female Wizard. Now, I haven't been shy about what I'd love to do with the Forcemaster in that set, but obviously none of that is set in stone. Right now we've been talking about switching this set with the next item on the list here.

Then, we have the next Mage vs. Mage set. We have several possible Mages for this set. Personally I'm hoping for the "Barbarian". Now for his opponent they're all good options and it just depends on if we move this set forward or not. Now I'm not going to spoil these Mages quite yet, but I'm excited about them as well. Right now, whenever I come up with an idea for one of them I tend to build the card and then file it away, and get back to work on PVS.

Those are the most important projects coming up for Mage Wars, because we want to get on a solid release schedule and frankly all of you deserve solid content. You've been very patient with us and so you should be rewarded with excellent content.

So outside of these projects, we still have the Archmage in the pipeline. Also, Bryan has plans for future Battlegrounds sets as well as an RPG eventually. Bryan poured 5 years of development into Mage Wars before its release and so He's devoted to making sure the game gets plenty of support and continues on for many many years to come.

For me, the core Mage Wars product is my focus. As I've said I feel you all deserve some pretty awesome expansions and I'm hoping I can provide them to you.

Hopefully this helps you see where we're going in the next year. If you have any other questions for me, I'll answer anything I can. Hope you're all having a good day.

Pelthar

• Playtester
  • New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2015, 10:59:27 AM »
RPG?  Hmmm....the ideas flowing through my head right now...

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2015, 12:04:45 PM »
RPG?  Hmmm....the ideas flowing through my head right now...

Yea evidently, Mage Wars kinda stemmed off of an RPG Bryan had been working on. So, I know that he's excited to go back and take Mage Wars and have an RPG to go with it.

pete2

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2015, 05:58:29 AM »

I know that we have mentioned our plans for the future in general a few times in the last year. However, I know that often this information ends up scattered to the four winds. So, I totally understand if most people haven't seen it.

So, I'll outline the base of the current plan right now. Paladin vs. Siren is the paramount priority right now. For me personally this set consumes my focus. This is easily the most important thing I'm working on. It's particularly exciting to me, and I'm hoping that when we're able to show off this set, you'll all be excited with it. That said, there is still a pretty healthy amount of work left on this set and so I'm sure cards and mechanics could change.

After PVS, we had planned to do another spell tome, like Forged in Fire. This one would cover the male Forcemaster and the female Wizard. Now, I haven't been shy about what I'd love to do with the Forcemaster in that set, but obviously none of that is set in stone. Right now we've been talking about switching this set with the next item on the list here.

Then, we have the next Mage vs. Mage set. We have several possible Mages for this set. Personally I'm hoping for the "Barbarian". Now for his opponent they're all good options and it just depends on if we move this set forward or not. Now I'm not going to spoil these Mages quite yet, but I'm excited about them as well. Right now, whenever I come up with an idea for one of them I tend to build the card and then file it away, and get back to work on PVS.

Those are the most important projects coming up for Mage Wars, because we want to get on a solid release schedule and frankly all of you deserve solid content. You've been very patient with us and so you should be rewarded with excellent content.

So outside of these projects, we still have the Archmage in the pipeline. Also, Bryan has plans for future Battlegrounds sets as well as an RPG eventually. Bryan poured 5 years of development into Mage Wars before its release and so He's devoted to making sure the game gets plenty of support and continues on for many many years to come.

For me, the core Mage Wars product is my focus. As I've said I feel you all deserve some pretty awesome expansions and I'm hoping I can provide them to you.

Hopefully this helps you see where we're going in the next year. If you have any other questions for me, I'll answer anything I can. Hope you're all having a good day.

Now i really have to admit you've  got me excited Ladd !!! Next week we're gathering with a couple of mages from the Mage Wars Belgium Facebook page for our fourth Mage Wars "Meet up"..and i can't wait to tell them about all this good stuff that is coming our way !!! We will be playing arena for a couple of matches, and afterwards we will be playing our first 2v2 battlegrounds match..i'm so looking forward to that !!!

Thanks again for the reply !

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2015, 08:29:02 AM »
I'm glad I could help. The new year should be a wonderful place! And I intend work hard to ensure that.

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2015, 10:44:36 AM »
I seem to be one of the only people that is actually very happy arcane wonders is not trowing expansions at us.
2 expansions a year is more than enough for me. Granted the last one has been a while but in the meantime we've had some different content.

I'm glad it's not MtG style with a shitload of expansions every year.
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2015, 10:48:02 AM »
We've never wanted to innundate people with a landslide of products. However, we do want to get back to the core of Mage Wars, and give our players the expansions they've been longing for. We do want to get things out a bit faster than we have so far, but we don't want to toss out tons upon tons of expansions in a year. The challenge is to keep the game fresh, interesting, and growing without overwhelming players new and old with brand new products.

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2015, 11:20:16 AM »
I seem to be one of the only people that is actually very happy arcane wonders is not trowing expansions at us.
2 expansions a year is more than enough for me. Granted the last one has been a while but in the meantime we've had some different content.

I'm glad it's not MtG style with a shitload of expansions every year.

Agreed!
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2015, 11:55:40 PM »
I've actually been quite content playing some Domination and integrating Academy cards into my current spell books. I'm REALLY looking forward to Paladin VS Siren. Bout two expansions a year is just fine by me.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

wtcannonjr

• Ambassador of Wychwood
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • WBC Mage Wars Tournament
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2015, 12:08:50 PM »
I've actually been quite content playing some Domination and integrating Academy cards into my current spell books. I'm REALLY looking forward to Paladin VS Siren. Bout two expansions a year is just fine by me.

Agree on the Domination side. We have moved to this format as our primary play mode and found the need to modify spellbooks and strategies for the scenarios and victory conditions.

Laddinfance, as far as new content it might be fun to add a section to the Battlegrounds part of the website where AW can publish new scenarios for players. Perhaps a 6-player free for all or scenarios for combining two expansions together. If two players have the expansion we now have 40 tiles to create maps and dozens of Ssalks. Recently we thought about making all the standard scenarios tougher by replacing Ssalks with their bigger brothers. :)
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin