May 18, 2024, 10:12:42 AM

Author Topic: Bloodthirsty and Siren's Call?  (Read 3134 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Bloodthirsty and Siren's Call?
« on: November 27, 2016, 11:08:24 AM »
So if the Siren is damaged, she has no other damaged creatures in her zone, and she uses Siren's call on my dark pact slayer blood reaper who is one zone away from her, what happens? A creature with bloodthirsty is required to attack a damaged target in its zone, if there is any. But Siren's call requires the affected creature to NOT attack. Does the controller of the bloodreaper get to choose?

And if there is another damaged creature in the zone, what then? It seems like it would be weird if the called blood reaper could choose to attack the siren when she was by herself, but when she has another damaged creature in the zone he can't?

I'm trying to figure out if there's any way to use a buddy rush against the Siren whatsoever. It seems like she can just lockdown a buddy build completely without trying much. Unless the buddy is psychic immune. Unless you can counter siren's call with mind shield? Or clear mind?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 11:17:08 AM by Sailor Vulcan »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodthirsty and Siren's Call?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2016, 11:33:05 AM »
Bloodthirsty states you have to attack if you're able. If he's not able then he won't attack. Thus Sirens Call will force him to step closer to her, possibly into her zone, but he will not be able to attack her. If another damaged creature friendly to the Siren is in the zone however....yeah he's gonna attack it. Now if the damaged creature is in the Blood Reapers original zone then he still has to leave the zone and move closer to the Siren. He HAS to do that thus he can't attack the original creature in his zone unless he's fast and elusive.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2016, 11:45:48 AM »
I was with silverclawgrizzly up till he talked about being forced to move closer. That's not quite right. The answer to this question can be found on page 3 of the PvS rulebook.

Quote from: PvS Rulebook
If a creature is under the effects of multiple mandatory actions, then its controller chooses which effect the creature will obey. Regardless of which mandatory action it follows, the creature is unable to attack the Siren and, if friendly, gains Melee +2.

Thus, if you have the Bloodthirsty trait, you get to choose whether you move or attack a damaged living enemy creature if both are valid options. However, you are never able to attack the Siren.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2016, 11:48:00 AM »
D'oh! You're right I over looked that part.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2016, 11:49:33 AM »
The important thing to remember here, I think, is that moving closer to the Siren is a mandatory action and works like other mandatory actions, only applying when you're able to comply and giving you a choice when under the effects of multiple mandatory actions.

However, the ban from attacking the Siren is not a mandatory action. It's not an action at all. It's a restriction. It prevents you from doing something, it doesn't force you to do something. Thus, it doesn't interact in the same way. It's going to prevent you from attacking the Siren no matter what.

Kaarin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2016, 07:26:55 PM »
Can a bloodthirsty creature under Siren's call attack undamaged creature if it's in a zone with damaged Siren?
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
OCTGN: Wstrzasniety (UTC+2)

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2016, 09:57:04 PM »
It cannot attack the Siren. So when you go to take an action with it, you check to see if it can perform its Mandatory Actions (Bloodthirsty) and the answer is that it can't. Since it can't, it can instead perform whatever action you wish.

Werekingdom

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2016, 01:23:09 AM »
More reasons to use Brute's. :)
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest
Kill with Tanglevine