May 18, 2024, 06:22:16 PM

Author Topic: Flying rooted/uprood?  (Read 6422 times)

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Flying rooted/uprood?
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2013, 03:59:32 PM »
Sike is correct

Uproot X (Object Trait)
This creature can uproot itself from the ground and move freely. When this creature is activated, you may pay X mana. If you do, it loses the Rooted trait until the end of its Action Phase.

Because of the fact the creature loses root it get to "jump up" till the end of its action phase. At end of action it lands again

"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2013, 05:23:12 PM »
Sike is correct

Uproot X (Object Trait)
This creature can uproot itself from the ground and move freely. When this creature is activated, you may pay X mana. If you do, it loses the Rooted trait until the end of its Action Phase.

Because of the fact the creature loses root it get to "jump up" till the end of its action phase. At end of action it lands again
Ok I can visualize that mechanic :) I was having a problem separating the mechanic from what I saw happening.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Taruslar

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2013, 05:22:28 PM »
So, if i understood it right. If a creature with uproot have eagle wings, it wont get rooted again if i reveal eagle wings after i payed the uproot cost?

aquestrion

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2013, 05:26:58 PM »
No it gets rerooted

Kharhaz

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2013, 05:52:27 PM »
So, if i understood it right. If a creature with uproot have eagle wings, it wont get rooted again if i reveal eagle wings after i payed the uproot cost?

When the rooted trait is applied, the creature loses and cannot gain flying.

When you activate the uproot cost, the rooted trait is removed (and the flying restriction with it).

At the end of the activation the rooted trait is reapplied, along with the flying restriction.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2013, 09:40:24 AM »

When the rooted trait is applied, the creature loses and cannot gain flying.

When you activate the uproot cost, the rooted trait is removed (and the flying restriction with it).

At the end of the activation the rooted trait is reapplied, along with the flying restriction.

100% correct
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage