May 05, 2024, 03:31:07 PM

Author Topic: Poison cloud and belt of regeneration?  (Read 1826 times)

warpigdave

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Poison cloud and belt of regeneration?
« on: July 15, 2013, 02:49:52 PM »
When paying the other day my beast master was down to one life had a belt of regeneration on but was in a poison gas cloud.  Now using the belt first I would heal two-hit points, Then take 2 damage from the poison gas cloud. However if the gas cloud damaged me first I would be dead.  So my question is which do I do first?

We ruled that basically whoever had initiative got their choice of which effect to apply first. However this resulted in my defeat as it was my opponents initiative. Now that I think about it though it seems like they could almost happen simultaneously you regenerate 2 you lose 2. Basically cancel one another out. This to me seems to be fair for both players, basically my belt is negated by he cloud, but I'm not defeated.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
Re: Poison cloud and belt of regeneration?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 02:53:51 PM »
During Upkeep the mage decides how he will process effects such as these, including the order performed.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Poison cloud and belt of regeneration?
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 02:56:16 PM »
Rulebook V2 PG:7
You always choose the order in which events that affect your creatures and objects occur during this phase. In the rare case that a timing issue occurs, the player with the initiative decides the order.

Example:
You control a Highland Unicorn with the Regenerate 2 trait that has a Burn marker on it. Since the creature has a lot of damage on it, the Burn effect could destroy it. You can choose to resolve the Regenerate trait first,  before the Burn effect.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage