May 17, 2024, 12:13:58 AM

Author Topic: Help me find a box to carry my Mage Wars!  (Read 3091 times)

IndyPendant

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Help me find a box to carry my Mage Wars!
« on: January 20, 2014, 09:53:40 PM »
Hi all.

ACG's Portability Project (over in the Alternative Play forum) has led me to the point where I might actually be able to carry the game in my backpack.  I'd prefer to keep the cards in their spellbooks though, just for style sake (instead of using deck boxes).   So I'm trying now to find a container, cardboard or plastic, for my books and game pieces.  My crafting level is approximately minus five, so making one myself would be more hassle than it's worth.  I thought I would check here to see if anyone has any ideas; here's what I need:

1) Available in Canada.

2) Not too expensive.  ($10 - $20 ish range)

3) Internal dimensions of roughly 8.5" wide, 7" deep, and 4.5" high (21x18x12 cm)   Or preferably: roughly 13.5" x 8.5" x 3" (34x21x8 cm).  --All measurements give or take half an inch (give or take a centimeter).

4) Reasonably sturdy cardboard/plastic/'wood' material.  (A typical board game box would suffice for my purposes, in terms of sturdiness.)

Anyone have any ideas where I might be able to find something like that?

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
Re: Help me find a box to carry my Mage Wars!
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 09:59:36 PM »
go7gaming.com has a solution that you might find handy....
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

IndyPendant

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 10:27:18 PM »
I had actually seen that, thanks sIKE.  The main problem is, it's still too large for my purposes.  Since it's designed to fit inside the MW box, it's almost as large as the box.  What I want is something that will hold 2-4 spellbooks plus odds and ends, and still fit in my backpack.

Thanks though!

Hedge

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 10:38:52 PM »
go to your local stores fishing department and get a tackle box.

Hedge

IndyPendant

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 12:01:47 AM »
Another one I'm working on, thanks Hedge.  I've checked a few places though, and the interior measurements I've found are like 5 7/8" to 6 1/8" deep--juuuuust too narrow to fit a spellbook comfortably.  I'm looking though! ; )

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2014, 01:44:12 AM »
I had actually seen that, thanks sIKE.  The main problem is, it's still too large for my purposes.  Since it's designed to fit inside the MW box, it's almost as large as the box.  What I want is something that will hold 2-4 spellbooks plus odds and ends, and still fit in my backpack.

Thanks though!
I was thinking a couple of the bit boxes to hold all of your stuff and a small backpack to hold the spellbooks and the bit boxes. I have a cloth board and it folds up very nicely. All fits into a small backpack and it might I say light.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

IndyPendant

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2014, 07:21:32 PM »
Found it!  Took quite a lot of searching, but I finally found a storage box that would fit the measurements:

Plano 23731-01 Stowaway Deep Open Compartment
http://www.planomolding.com/product.php?BCCID=138&PID=753

I just received my order today.  It's basically an open-compartment tacklebox, that almost perfectly fits two spellbooks side by side.  It can hold up to six, or 4 or 5 with tokens and things.  Fits my backpack, all is good.  Costs less than $10 at Amazon, as well!

Thanks for the suggestions though, guys.