May 14, 2024, 05:11:30 AM

Author Topic: Deadline for ambassador applications?  (Read 2720 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Deadline for ambassador applications?
« on: July 07, 2013, 02:00:44 PM »
I'm hoping to start a Mage Wars community at the University that I will be attending in the fall. Will ambassador applications still be accepted in August, September or October? I'm hoping to eventually get enough people to join for unofficial organized play. However, I haven't bought the core set yet since I don't have anyone to play with in real life yet, and it's unlikely that I will be able to find anyone until school starts. I've been playing exclusively online so far, and will buy the core set in real life either before or shortly after the school year begins.

Thanks!
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Fentum

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Re: Deadline for ambassador applications?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 03:22:11 PM »

If you are playing the game on line, PLEASE purchase the boardgame. It's only fair to the publishers.

Sailor Vulcan

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 03:48:47 PM »
I was fully intending to do so within the next month or two. That's why I wanted to know if they'd be accepting applications in September or October. I don't currently have anyone to play the game with in real life, but I fully expect that to change when I go to the University this fall.

However, I realized about an hour ago that if I want to make a Mage Wars club more well known at the university, I probably should get things ready sooner rather than later. So I bought the game within the past half an hour or so. It should be shipping to my house within the next week. Since I don't know how long it will take for my ambassador application to be processed, I think I'm going to fill it out and send it today or tomorrow, assuming they are still accepting applications, anyway. Are they?
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Fentum

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 04:14:06 PM »

Great to read that you bought the game.

You can be a cracking ambassador, whether official or not  :)

Sailor Vulcan

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2013, 04:44:08 PM »
Really? I can be an unofficial ambassador? Awesome! That means that I don't have to apply to start a Mage Wars club with unofficial organized play at my University, or to promote Mage Wars there, right?

Since according to the application, official Mage Wars ambassadors are supposed to visit game stores regularly and run tournaments and the like, and I don't have a drivers license, and most of my local game stores are too far away from my house and only within distance of the University I'm going to be attending this year.