May 02, 2024, 11:07:33 PM

Author Topic: maximum hit points/mana  (Read 4209 times)

shivetay

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
maximum hit points/mana
« on: September 21, 2014, 04:31:05 AM »
hey i have a question about maximum hit points. Can i have more then 41 hit points or mana?
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

sdougla2

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
Re: maximum hit points/mana
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 04:44:06 AM »
Yes.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2014, 05:00:49 PM »
hey i have a question about maximum hit points. Can i have more then 41 hit points or mana?

There is no legal limit on mana, life, or channeling.
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess

Brian VanAlstyne

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2014, 08:16:58 AM »
In a normal game on a standard board the legal limit for channeling is +14 to whatever your original channeling is, is it not? One for each zone since flowers and crystals are both zone exclusive, the Moonglow Amulet, and a Harmonize?

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2014, 09:16:14 AM »
Um, no. Not if other channel increasing spells are released that aren't zone exclusive or occupy a different equipment slot. Or another mage ability like treebond. And what about bigger arenas and team games?

Theoretically there is no upper limit.

Practically there is, but it varies somewhat with the mage and card pool.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Brian VanAlstyne

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2014, 11:15:55 AM »
I specifically normal game and standard board. I did forget about the Druid's treebond but besides that, the limit right now is plus 14, is it not?

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2014, 11:28:39 AM »
In a normal game on a standard board the legal limit for channeling is +14 to whatever your original channeling is, is it not? One for each zone since flowers and crystals are both zone exclusive, the Moonglow Amulet, and a Harmonize?

I mentioned a legal (explicitly mentioned by the rules) limit, not a practical (what may be possible in play) one.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 11:32:03 AM by DaveW »
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2014, 08:30:20 PM »
As DaveW stated, there is no theoretical limit placed by the rules on how much channeling you may legally have. Any limit would simply be imposed by the card pool available to you. Assuming you have access to all of the cards currently printed, the highest you could currently get your Mage's Channeling up to is indeed +14 over your base (or 24 total). If mana is your goal though, you could theoretically be producing much more than that if you use Spawnpoints and Familiars.

From my calculations, a Warlord under ideal circumstances and card selections could be producing up to 35 mana per round between his own channeling, his spawnpoints, and his familiars. For much fewer spellpoints, a Wizard could produce 34 mana per round. I wouldn't really call any of these goals "practical", however, and we are now getting into the realm of strategy and tactics rather than rules. Per the rules, the answer is a very simple "there is no limit."

Brian VanAlstyne

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2014, 10:55:28 AM »
Thank you Zuberi as that was what I was trying to clarify with the current specific channeling for the mage itself.

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2014, 11:03:19 AM »
I would say that the warlord with the current card pool would be able to produce well over 60 mana per turn.

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2014, 11:42:58 AM »
Quote from: jacksmack
I would say that the warlord with the current card pool would be able to produce well over 60 mana per turn.

I think it's an interesting thought exercise and would like to see if anyone can get a higher total than I did, but such a discussion does not belong in the Rules Forum, I think. The initial question has been answered. If you want to discuss how to max out mana production, I'd recommend starting a thread in the General Discussion or possibly Strategy and Tactics (though I don't think maxing out your mana production is a very practical strategy).