May 17, 2024, 04:53:47 PM

Author Topic: Togorah support cards (Divine Protection and Circle of Lightning)  (Read 3369 times)

Drexel78

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Togorah support cards (Divine Protection and Circle of Lightning)
« on: September 28, 2014, 06:49:35 PM »
Hey, was thinking about making a fun deck with Togorah, Forest Sentinel. I am kinda new to the game, have not seen any decks running this card, I guess it is for the simple reason that it is sub-par. Anyways, here are my questions:

Q1: Can I put a Divine Protection on the tree, giving -1 attack die to all attacks in combination with the vigiliant trait?

Q2: Can I put a Circle of Lightning on the tree, utilizing the damage barrier against all melee attacks with the vigilant trait?

Cheers

GeorgeFalcon

• Playtester
  • New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • It's impossible to channel 1.21 Gigawatts!
    • View Profile
Re: Togorah support cards (Divine Protection and Circle of Lightning)
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 10:56:30 AM »
Yes on both, Divine Protection says on the top for legal targets Living Creature,  so it is okay. And the Damage Barrier says corporeal creature so again they both work. Vigilant just means he/she is always guarding regardless of what action it takes.
  • Favourite Mage: Sortilege Wizard
Roads for what we're playing we don't need roads.

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 12:04:50 PM »
But when he is attacked for a first time, guard is taken away and he did not recieve another. right?
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

Drexel78

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2014, 12:23:17 PM »
Vigilant means that the tree is constantly Guarding (but does not have counterstrike), hence my idea with Circle of Lightning. Which I guess works for all attacks but it would be nice to get this confirmed.

V10lentray

• Member of Arcane Duels
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2014, 12:31:06 PM »
Pretty certain he only gets one marker per turn, but vigilant allows you to attack, and also Guard.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

Drexel78

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2014, 03:21:56 PM »
Ok, then my interpretation of Vigiliant was wrong. So, basically the tree Guards constantly in the sense that it does not have to spend a quick action to Guard but when attacked the guard marker is removed. However, since its attack is a full action it will not strike back. The Damage Barrier will trigger (for the first attack) but since the guard marker is removed the whole idea using it in the first place is gone. I guess that's what I get for trying to abuse card effects  :)

wtcannonjr

• Ambassador of Wychwood
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • WBC Mage Wars Tournament
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2014, 03:56:08 PM »
Well the damage barrier will still work against all melee attacks on the tree whether it is guarding or not. Since the tree doesn't have a quick attack it seems like a reasonable solution for dealing damage when the tree is guarding.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin

Drexel78

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2014, 04:10:05 PM »
Yeah, but then I rather put the damage barrier on my Mage. Against swarm decks that this card combination was mainly intended for the tree will not be attacked more than once, making the damage barrier so so. Anyways, thanks for the answers.