May 17, 2024, 05:48:11 PM

Author Topic: Druid rules question.  (Read 2739 times)

Hellsgate9999

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Druid rules question.
« on: July 19, 2014, 05:39:16 PM »
I have 2 questions.    During Deployment you can put down a vine token in a space adjacent to another vine token.  when you have a vine tree out and you spend one mana to put another one out do they come out at the exact same time?

Example  do i have to put both of them down adjacent to an existing vine token? Or can i put one down and then the other adjacent to the first?

Second question.     

During Deployment can i place a vine token down and then use said vine token to cast a seeding pod from the samara tree?  Or do i have to cast it on a vine token that already exist on the board before placing down another vine token??     Thank you

baronzaltor

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
Re: Druid rules question.
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2014, 07:29:16 PM »
Vine tokens are placed in a "one at a time" manner.  I believe they technically fall under the "simultanious actions" rule, so you get to choose the order they resolve, which lets you place them one by one.  So you can always expand forward with them if you are able to play them from multiple sources.

Same deal with Samara Tree, if all of these effects happen during the Deployment phase, they happen at the same time and so as teh controller you can choose they order they play out in.

Hellsgate9999

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2014, 08:10:54 PM »
So i can sprout two vines in two adjacent zones over to say an enemy mage and then use my tree that sprouts plants and sprout a Plant critter on my vine in the mages square?

doesn't that make the druid a tiny bit op?   Or am i under thinking this?

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2014, 12:14:04 AM »
Vine tokens are placed in a "one at a time" manner.  I believe they technically fall under the "simultanious actions" rule, so you get to choose the order they resolve, which lets you place them one by one.  So you can always expand forward with them if you are able to play them from multiple sources.

Same deal with Samara Tree, if all of these effects happen during the Deployment phase, they happen at the same time and so as teh controller you can choose they order they play out in.

As stated you chose the order to resolve your deployments. Remember each player does the deployments in initiative order but must do any deploys they choose to. The game does not go back to ask if each players more than once each round.

If you want you could vine vine then pod

So i can sprout two vines in two adjacent zones over to say an enemy mage and then use my tree that sprouts plants and sprout a Plant critter on my vine in the mages square?
Yes but often it is better to [mwcard=MW1J22] Tanglevine[/mwcard], [mwcard=DNJ10] Stranglevine[/mwcard],[mwcard=DNJ06] Nightshade Lotus[/mwcard], or [mwcard=DNJ02] Corrosive Orchid[/mwcard]. One of my favorite creature to  vine cast is [mwcard=DNC06] Kralathor, The Devourer[/mwcard].

doesn't that make the druid a tiny bit op?

You still need LoS to the vine you are casting from

"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Hellsgate9999

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2014, 05:20:32 PM »
So whats the best strategy against a druid?      Walls i assume?    Does anything else block LOS beside walls?

lukard

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2014, 08:49:56 PM »
I agree that vines are awesome and can spread quickly. In my opinion, opponents who knows how to position themselves well in the arena are the hardest enemies!

Also, the druid has many rooted plants, it is very common to cast a [mwcard=DNC21] Thornlasher[/mwcard] followed by a [mwcard=DNC20] Vine Snapper[/mwcard]. So, teleporting Thornlasher is very sad for the druid.

Additionally, a Warlock equipped with [mwcard=MW1Q14] Lash of Hellfire[/mwcard] can cause a huge damage to the Druid's plants!