May 03, 2024, 02:35:02 AM

Author Topic: regarding d12 calcification  (Read 3699 times)

Avarice

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
regarding d12 calcification
« on: April 07, 2014, 11:01:06 AM »
Just wanted to know if I had multiple d12 escape equipment with FM, does it stack? For example,  if I had her natural ability and scimitar,  can I try to escape an attack again  if the first roll failed using the scimitar as second defense?

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: regarding d12 calcification
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 11:44:02 AM »
Just wanted to know if I had multiple d12 escape equipment with FM, does it stack? For example,  if I had her natural ability and scimitar,  can I try to escape an attack again  if the first roll failed using the scimitar as second defense?

This is a several part question that Laddin and I talked about at Bash. Currently if you pass the escape on one stuck maker it removes all the markers. It should only remove a single marker. I could go on if you need but this should be good enough.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 11:45:35 AM »
I don't believe he was actually talking about escape rolls for Stuck conditions. Giving the context referencing the Forcemaster's innate ability and the Scimitar's ability, I think he was referencing Defense rolls. Page 24 of the English Rulebook v3.0 tells us that you may not use more than one Defense per attack.

Avarice

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 11:50:27 AM »
Oh ok. So in other words I use her innate ability one time per round, and next time that round I get attacked I can use scimitar. Ty for the reply guys.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2014, 11:52:09 AM »
I don't believe he was actually talking about escape rolls for Stuck conditions. Giving the context referencing the Forcemaster's innate ability and the Scimitar's ability, I think he was referencing Defense rolls. Page 24 of the English Rulebook v3.0 tells us that you may not use more than one Defense per attack.

If Avarice was swapping escape and defense you are correct.

Avarice escape rolls are used for things like quicksand or the stuck condition. Defense rolls are made to avoid being attacked.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

FrostByte

• Playtester
  • New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2014, 11:53:26 AM »
Zuberi Beat me too it.   But yeah is marked Important on page 24 of the rules:

"A creature can never use mor thane one defense against a single attack....."
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2014, 11:54:08 AM »
Oh ok. So in other words I use her innate ability one time per round, and next time that round I get attacked I can use scimitar. Ty for the reply guys.

When you are attacked. You choose if you want to use a defense.
If you do want to defend then you pick what defense you will use.
You may only use one defense per attack.

If you go this page Spellbook Builder you can make a hove tag [mwcard=FWQ01] Dancing Scimitar[/mwcard] for any card it a printed MW set.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 11:59:32 AM by Shad0w »

Avarice

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2014, 06:50:14 AM »
Thx frost, zub, and shadow. A situation had come up in a casual, just double checking. Much appreciated.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2014, 01:00:25 PM »
No problem that is what we are here for. 8)