May 02, 2024, 11:15:16 PM

Author Topic: regarding knockdown card  (Read 3834 times)

Avarice

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
regarding knockdown card
« on: March 17, 2014, 05:48:16 AM »
Ok, I know I can use this to knock a creature out of the air. My question is about the text. It says, target is incapacitated until it's NEXT action or until the end of round, whichever comes first. If I knock down a vampiress before she takes an action, can I still hit get with a ground unit? In other words, it's her first action, but not her second (mage).

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
Re: regarding knockdown card
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 08:47:07 AM »
Vampiress is a very bad example because its a non-flying creature.

Vampiress can fly during its own action phase (AKA for a very short time) if you pay 1 mana.
During this time you cannot knock it down.

Back on track:
If you knock down guardian angel it will be incapacited (see codex) until it activates or round ends.
It doesnt matter of the owner of GA uses his mage or not its the creature that needs to "stand up" - and it will do so either when round ends or when you activate it (flip action marker)
Because if this, you usually want to use knockdown on a flying creature that HAS acted, in order to get several hits on it.
If the GA still has its action marker ready and you use knockdown, the owner can just activate it when its his turn in order to get rid of knockdown.

Knockdown is good for:
Killing huginn and other familairs with low HP but strong defense.
Get past defenses in general.
Get rid of guards.
Destroy flying creautres.

Often however i seem to prefer surging wave on non-flyers.
It leaves a nice daze condition after the slam effect and its unavoidable in the first place.

Avarice

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 11:04:29 AM »
Thx Jack. Much appreciated. Just one more thing. If the warlock paid 1 mana to have vamp fly, when does she become grounded again? U said short duration?

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2014, 11:11:15 AM »
She gains flying if you pay one mana at the beginning of her action phase, and she loses flying at the end of her action phase.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Avarice

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2014, 11:31:49 AM »
Oh ok. Gotcha. Ty very much. I figured it was OP to make her permanently fly the whole game for 1 mana. Lol

MrSaucy

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2014, 04:30:38 PM »

Knockdown is good for:
Killing huginn and other familairs with low HP but strong defense.
Get past defenses in general.
Get rid of guards.
Destroy flying creautres.

It might also be worth mentioning that incapacitated creatures don't hinder movement. Just something to think about if a non-flying enemy creature is preventing you from moving 2 zones when you want to do so.
"See you space cowboy..."

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2014, 04:34:46 PM »
It might also be worth mentioning that incapacitated creatures don't hinder movement. Just something to think about if a non-flying enemy creature is preventing you from moving 2 zones when you want to do so.
Very good point!
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest