May 17, 2024, 06:38:25 PM

Author Topic: tainted and sweeping in monsters  (Read 4087 times)

isel

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
tainted and sweeping in monsters
« on: April 27, 2014, 09:04:53 AM »
Hello i believe tainted its too powerfull and one creature , venonous zombie it´s very  very powerfull with it.

-Tainted affects all living objects, i see its normal, but ridicoluos how a zombie of cost 7 can you destroy all your trees and many conjurations for only 7 mana, this guy have resilient, more difficult to kill, and tainted with +7, i believe it´s too cheaper and powerful, if you like compare tainted effect in another creature, see wolf spider it´s sincerily ridicolous, a spider inyect venom and have a tainted condition normally with +9 and cost 15, i believe you must change this zombie to give tainted to +11 because for half cost you have a better oportunity of tainted, a resilient creature, and guys, i never seen play anybody a wolf spider because cost too much. i believe it´s easier for a spider tainted his victims that a zombie that normally its slow.

About sweeping, i would like that you think if its possible that if you have a monster a very big monster, would have the sweping trait in his attack, i don´t understad why togorath don´t have, you have seen in many films how a big monster when attack can affect several creatures in the same zone, because normally have a great size and large arms and tails, in lord of the rings you can see treemen than attack several orcs with only one attack, for example, in this game normally people don´t use this creatures because you spend too many mana in a creature that only can attack one creature every turn, i believe several monsters would have the sweping trait, if you consider that the have a great size, please think on it.

In the case of torgorath its worst, because you only can attack with a full attack, this meaning that you cant move and attack, an all these for 21 mana, and your opponent use a restrained spell or a teleport spell, and fnish his threat very effectively for a ridicoluos amount of mana.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 09:16:54 AM by isel »

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
Re: tainted and sweeping in monsters
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2014, 11:13:54 AM »
Venomous zombie deals 0 damage with tainted half the time and 3 the other half. Thus an average of 1.5 damage from tainted. This adds up to 4.5 average damage against damaged targets and less against undamaged when you add all the other dice. That doesn't seem over powered to me, although it is more random and swingy than most such attacks it isn't bad averaged out.

I could see tree creatures having sweeping. Not every large creature needs it automatically, but it does make sense on some. Adramelech has it, and earth elemental has a zone attack, so some large critters can hit multiple targets already.

gw

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 11:49:27 AM »
I am sorry but I can't resist ..( I really tried ) .. and be a smart-ass   8)  ... plz....dat "treemen" from LOTR....they are called Ents;)

OCTGN: gw (GMT+1 currently)

barriecritzer

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2014, 12:14:34 PM »
I am pretty sure adramelech has sweeping because he wields a giant scythe and not because of his size

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2014, 03:38:47 PM »
I'm sure that's part of it, but requires giant sized demon to wield giant sized scythe  :P

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2014, 03:47:16 PM »
Speaking of Ents, if the next druid is also plant based do you think an Ent mage would be too much? No quick attack, but a big full action attack. I still would like an insect oriented mage too. And a centaur mage. There's so much room for growth in this game still.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2014, 05:06:57 PM »
More ents as creatures would be awesome. Or perhaps even entwives.....
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

isel

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2014, 08:57:06 AM »
this morning i talk with my friends and all of them believe that acid and fire damage bypass resilent, and they don´t understand why not, i hope soon this will change.

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2014, 09:06:05 AM »
this morning i talk with my friends and all of them believe that acid and fire damage bypass resilent, and they don´t understand why not, i hope soon this will change.

erh.... Not sure what your saying.

But resilient means you ignore normal damage.

Fireball is fire damage. Acidball is acid damage.
Fire and Acid damage does NOT bypass resilient.

Effects such as Corrode and Burn is direct damage. This bypass' resilient.

isel

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2014, 09:32:41 AM »
yeah i know that no bypass resilient, but i believe this type of damage would be bypass resilient, it´s only meat dead and normally burn very well xd.

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2014, 10:04:44 AM »
They do burn quite well, but they don't really care about it. Whether they are half rotten, half cooked, or half melted with acid, Zombies keep coming and hardly even notice. Their meaty parts effectively are armor because they don't really care about any of their organs or half of their muscles. You have to inflict damage in the right spots to phase them. Thus, it requires critical damage.