May 14, 2024, 07:08:36 PM

Author Topic: DvN Wand of Healing  (Read 4118 times)

szendroib

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
DvN Wand of Healing
« on: December 25, 2013, 06:33:08 PM »
Hello I just got the new expansion and I have a quick question. How does wand of healing suit the necromancer (out of all the mages) when all of his creatures are non living? I get it that he can use it on himself but still, he seems like the worst choice for this wand. Do I miss anyting?

Drac

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: DvN Wand of Healing
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2013, 07:01:19 PM »
I understand that the wand of healing is not an obvious first choice for the necromancer.  The healing is, in my opinion, the lesser of the two effects the wand grants.  Removing conditions on yourself is an amazing ability for any mage.  It can remove things such as stun, stuck, slam, daze, corrode, bleed, and burn... all of which can potentially be devastating to your mage.  As strange as it sounds, I would even consider running that wand in a build that has deathlock in it.

Venom

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 12:04:41 PM »
It is usefull to hea and protectl Acoloyte of The Bog Queen...if you want active Altar of Skulls it is very important to have livefuul Acoloyte :) (

tom

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 09:44:07 AM »
It is usefull to hea and protectl Acoloyte of The Bog Queen...if you want active Altar of Skulls it is very important to have livefuul Acoloyte :) (

Not if you bring him back as a zombie! Just hit him with a Rise Again enchantment.
I care not how many minions I lose,
the Darkfenne always has more graves.

baronzaltor

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2014, 01:38:55 PM »
Condition Removal is the main asset for him with it.  Useful for removing Stuns/Dazes on yourself, or snuffing out fires that are burning your through your zombies resilient trait.

The Necromancer being Poison Immune already protects him from most of the bigger threat conditions like Weak, Rot and Taint.  And since he is a mage, he cannot get Sleep.   So other than Bleeds, Burns and Stun/Daze on himself, the Wand is primarily for supporting creatures via removing conditions.

Aylin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2014, 01:58:55 PM »
Condition Removal is the main asset for him with it.  Useful for removing Stuns/Dazes on yourself, or snuffing out fires that are burning your through your zombies resilient trait.

The Necromancer being Poison Immune already protects him from most of the bigger threat conditions like Weak, Rot and Taint.  And since he is a mage, he cannot get Sleep.   So other than Bleeds, Burns and Stun/Daze on himself, the Wand is primarily for supporting creatures via removing conditions.

The Wand of Healing cannot heal or remove condition markers from non-living creatures.

baronzaltor

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2014, 02:09:17 PM »

The Wand of Healing cannot heal or remove condition markers from non-living creatures.

Derp! my bad