May 16, 2024, 05:41:43 AM

Author Topic: Mage Wars Wounded Warrior Tournament!!!!  (Read 16011 times)

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
Mage Wars Wounded Warrior Tournament!!!!
« on: August 06, 2015, 11:16:13 AM »
Oh you guys didn't forget I judge other events than Gen Con did you? Here's the low down on the next Mage Wars Arena Tournament to benefit The Wounded Warrior Foundation.

http://www.justusproductions.com/mage-wars-tournament-to-benefit-the-wounded-warrior-project/

Here is the link to donate and register. By donating $10 you're registered:
https://fundraise.woundedwarriorproject.org/RTT/Fundraising/individual/27325357

I've got more prize support than I know what to do with and I haven't even started REALLY trying to build it up yet....but I will. Arcane Wonders is ridiculously generous with their prize support but I'm also insanely good at gathering more from local businesses such as game stores, vendors in the dealers room, local restaurants, etc.

CURRENT LIST OF PRIZE SUPPORT:
Trophies for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd(the rest will be told to play better next year.)
First place will be given an actual mace. Made of either stone, steel or foam*
Mage Wars: Arena Core Set(the new one)
Conquest of Kumanjaro
Westlock Play Mat
Straywood Play Mat
Salenia Play Mat
2 Mage Wars Araxian Crown T-Shirts
Menace of Ruination Poster
Dice Bags
Gift Cards for Mace Dealers Room
Diverse and growing selection of promo cards
Various Movie Posters
Buttons of Necromancer, Anvil Throne Warlord, Druid, and Adremelech Warlock!
Colored 12MM Attack Dice in: Black, Yellow, Orange, Green
Metal Mage Wars Initiative Counter
Alternate Art Mage Cards for: Wizard, Priestess, Straywood Beast Master, Araxian Crown Warlock, Druid, Necromancer, Force Master, Johktari Beast Master
A large amount of Wounded Warrior swag will be given out as participation prizes.

*Actual mace budget will determine quality and material of prize. If it's foam I will at least paint it gold for you :)

Three notes on the prize support:

1. Everyone gets a prize. Not just a participation prize. We put all the prizes on the table right from the start and we let people claim their prize/prizes in order of how they placed...then we just give away what's left. Nobody enters one of our events and gets nothing.

2. The list is constantly growing. I am not however constantly posting. We haven't even really gotten serious about adding to the list yet cause meh Novembers a few months out(and it's pointless asking people for donations this early trust me I do this kinda thing constantly.) I'll probably add some of those fancy card sleeves, some more gift cards, some of the spell book packs, at the very least.

3. I want to thank everyone who's donated stuff already.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 11:16:23 AM by silverclawgrizzly »
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
Re: Mage Wars Wounded Warrior Tournament!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2015, 07:43:58 PM »
Hey guys!
I totally wish I could come out for this. It looks amazing. If anyone has the opportunity to join a tournament that Grizzly is running, I would highly recommend it. Keep up the great work guys!
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2015, 08:20:00 PM »
Don't worry Coshade even if you can't make it I'm more than happy to give you a chance to participate!

By that I mean I'll post the donation page in a couple of months. ;D
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

zot

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2015, 08:21:08 PM »
when is the next tournement?

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2015, 11:24:00 PM »
November 14th in Charlotte NC. It'll be at Mace, which is a local gaming convention of about 800 people. It's also the home convention of Savage Worlds if any of you happen to be Deadlands fans. The guys who run the con are good friends and give me a ton of space. They also let me collect donations for Wounded Warrior all weekend. There will be trophies as well as very good prize support such as "Silverclawgrizzly will buy you dinner at a BBQ place!" and "Here's a $20 gift card from the dealers room!" as well as Mage Wars products to give out.

Note: In order to receive free BBQ Dinner you must agree to get a bite to eat with Silverclawgrizzly. Prize may be exchanged for a dinner at a really good Mexican place too.....but not the sushi place cause it really isn't that good.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2015, 11:27:32 PM »
Also this event is being judged by JasonBourneZombie and TrentMagus. Which gives me the very great pleasure of announcing: I WILL be playing in this event! So hey it's like a bye round cause I'm terrible. ;D

Brian VanAlstyne

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2015, 11:31:00 AM »
You know, I was actually kinda 50/50 on MACE this year because of a few factors, but your playing in the tournament guarantees I will be attending again.

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
  • www.magewars.weebly.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2015, 11:40:18 AM »
Will Academy or Domination cards be legal?
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
Visit my Mage Wars blog at www.magewars.weebly.com, also check me out on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MageWarsBlog and on twitter at @MageWarsBlog

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2015, 10:33:55 PM »
I'm probably not going to allow Academy and Domination at this event. Reason is I don't know when they'll release to the public. If Academy came out tomorrow then yeah maybe but as is I just don't see the time frame being fair to the majority of my local community, and if it's not fair to those die hard fans it's not going to be fair to anyone else I imagine.

DevilsVendetta: I'm very pleased you're playing. In fact as I haven't picked a mage yet I'll even compete with whatever you suggest.

SharkBait

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2015, 11:04:12 PM »
Now I want to go. Anyone want to buy my plane ticket? :P
  • Favourite Mage: Adramelech Warlock
When in doubt, kill it with fire

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2015, 11:24:05 PM »
I'm delighted I'm getting to play. JasonBourneZombie and TrentMagus are doing me a solid here.

It is long since time I entered a truly competitive tournament and see just how good I actually am.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2015, 11:39:34 PM »
I've been told to play my best. So ok come November I'm going to show why the Straywood Beast Master is still the man.

Also Sharkbait I taught a 14 year old the game today. He got a core set and immediately picked Warlock. I converted another to the dark side for ya buddy. Get em young, team them to eat souls early I say.

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2015, 07:43:20 AM »
For Academy / Domination, I'd say allow them if they come out a month before the event. It's pretty standard timing. If they don't get out in time, no problem, ya know?

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2015, 09:52:09 AM »
November is a good trek away, though I've already had three people commit who didn't play last year. On one hand Wounded Warrior is a lot more laid back than say Gen Con, so I can be more flexible. On the other the vast majority of players will be local so I can also just take a consensus at the time most likely.

SharkBait

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2015, 02:58:13 PM »
Also Sharkbait I taught a 14 year old the game today. He got a core set and immediately picked Warlock. I converted another to the dark side for ya buddy. Get em young, team them to eat souls early I say.

Gotta make sure they cook their meal first. Typically they should be well-done
  • Favourite Mage: Adramelech Warlock
When in doubt, kill it with fire