May 08, 2024, 12:46:32 AM

Author Topic: vine markers, planning and deployment  (Read 2920 times)

V10lentray

• Member of Arcane Duels
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
vine markers, planning and deployment
« on: November 15, 2014, 11:55:45 PM »
I didn't find an exact answer to this but i feel i already know the answer.

Can you plan for deployment before you have a spawnpoint out?

More specifically -

as the druid -

Can I plan 3 cards on turn one. 2 cards for my hand and one for a vine marker that does not exist yet.

If I already have vine markers out - can i plan extra cards then choose to deploy a vine maker in a space and then deploy something from that same marker.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

sdougla2

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
Re: vine markers, planning and deployment
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2014, 01:56:05 AM »
No. You can only prepare additional spells if you actually have Spawnpoints and/or Familiars (or Mordok's Tome). Vine markers do not allow you to deploy cards on their own. You still need a Spawnpoint or Familiar if you want to cast anything during deployment.

If you have the Vine Tree out, you can deploy a vine token, then immediately use that vine token to deploy a vine card from your Vine Tree at range. Whether you are allowed to deploy cards and how many cards you are allowed to prepare is independent of vine markers.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

V10lentray

• Member of Arcane Duels
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2014, 10:39:20 AM »
That was what I thought.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2014, 03:54:41 PM »
No. You can only prepare additional spells if you actually have Spawnpoints and/or Familiars (or Mordok's Tome). Vine markers do not allow you to deploy cards on their own. You still need a Spawnpoint or Familiar if you want to cast anything during deployment.

If you have the Vine Tree out, you can deploy a vine token, then immediately use that vine token to deploy a vine card from your Vine Tree at range. Whether you are allowed to deploy cards and how many cards you are allowed to prepare is independent of vine markers.

This is correct and worth a sticker
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage