May 03, 2024, 02:39:41 AM

Author Topic: Drafting format attempt 2  (Read 2433 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Drafting format attempt 2
« on: August 28, 2014, 02:51:04 PM »
2-6 players. You will need: at least 1x Core set and 1x expansion.

1. Shuffle all the mage ability cards and deal them to each player face down until each player has one. Any leftover ability cards will not be used.
2. Shuffle all the spell cards into six decks, one for each type of spell.
3. Each player takes turns drawing 10 cards from these decks and for each card choosing to either keep it or to place it back into its respective deck.

A. Choose a spell type's deck to draw a card from, and draw a card.
    B. Choose whether to keep the card. It you don't keep it it gets placed on the bottom of its respective deck.
    C. You and you opponents take turns repeating steps A and B until everyone has 120 spellbook points or there are no more cards that can be put in a spellbook.

There is no limit to the number of copies of a spell that can be included in your spellbook. You cannot include mage class or school only spells incompatible with your mage's training, etc.

Now you play!
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

rodriguekhalil

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Drafting format attempt 2
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 07:40:35 PM »
My wife and I played a similar game once, except we didn't get to choose anything. Everything was chosen randomely.

We copied and pasted the spell database on an Excel document and randomely generated a number between 1 and the number of available spells. We had to keep every spell drafted until we got 120 points.

It turned out to be better than I expected.

Of course, we both got spells we didn't need ( zombie Frenzy but no zombies). The odds were we would mostly have creatures, and that's exactly what happened. It was a long game with a lot of creatures smashing in each other.

However, it was a good way to even levels, as I am more experienced than her and she thought she didn't stand a chance against me. Obviously, I didn't agree, but we still tried the draft and we actually had fun!