May 03, 2024, 07:49:51 PM

Author Topic: Two Questions  (Read 2979 times)

Koz

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Two Questions
« on: October 22, 2012, 08:59:58 AM »
Hi all, I have two questions I was hoping to have answered.  The first question is regarding how Battle Fury and +x to Melee work.  I know that when you get a +x to Melee, it only works on the first strike if you make multiple strikes, but does that apply to Battle Fury since that is a completely separate attack?  So, for instance, if I have a Beastmaster with Bear's Strength on and he attacks he would roll 6 dice.  If he also had Battle Fury played on him he would make a second attack with 6 dice too right?  I would assume yes, because if a mage has +x to Ranged and makes two ranged attacks in the same round they get the bonus on each...right?

My second question involves Hand of Bim Shalla.  If you have multiple of these in play you can react and use them all to boost the same creature at the same time right?

Arcanus

• Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Re: Two Questions
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 10:12:10 AM »
That is YES to both questions sir!  

Have fun and let us know if that strategy is working well!

Koz

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 11:30:50 AM »
Thank you Arcanus, appreciate the quick response!  That's how I thought it worked and makes that a very powerful spell.

Also, as a follow up, Battle Fury states that the creature can make another "quick action" melee attack.  I assume that means that whatever attack they use has to be an actual quick action attack, and not just any attack they wish to use.  So a Hydra with Battle Fury cast on it could make a full attack with it's "triplestrike" attack, but would then have to follow up with it's quick action "main" attack right?  It couldn't do two triplestrike attacks with Battle Fury right?  That's how it seems to me based on the wording.

Arcanus

• Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 11:40:32 AM »
Yes, that is exactly right.  

We did that because some Full Action attacks, including some devastating ones coming in the next set (like the Earth Elemental's "Quake Stomp"), would be too powerful if they could be repeated each round!