May 03, 2024, 04:55:41 PM

Author Topic: Attack moddifires and effect die  (Read 3039 times)

Gewar

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
Attack moddifires and effect die
« on: October 20, 2012, 02:11:56 AM »
I just need a confirmation am I thinking correctly.
After you add and substract all attack moddifires you add or substract the same number from your effect die roll. So in exaple, Warlock with Lash of Hellfire would have +1 to effect die because of his battle skill?

I am asking, because it seams a little contrintuitive that ie Bear Strengh gives you bigger chance to burn something (I can find some justification for this rule, but it is not so natural like flame +2 trait).
"I've seen this spell before - sold in alleys, brothels, and taverns. Men want more life. Always, they want more life."
- Rae Ashar, Wench of the Flying Dragon

Hedge

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Re: Attack moddifires and effect die
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2012, 02:44:54 AM »
Melee and Ranged +/- do not affect the effect Die. Only modifiers to attack types, Lightning -2 Flame +1 and so on affect  the effect Die.

Hedge

Gewar

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2012, 03:04:38 AM »
Thanks - I can see it now. In Codex it is clear, but I was searching in main rules and there it is not stated so clearly (in attack steps).
"I've seen this spell before - sold in alleys, brothels, and taverns. Men want more life. Always, they want more life."
- Rae Ashar, Wench of the Flying Dragon

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2012, 01:49:32 PM »
Quote from: "Hedge" post=2371
Melee and Ranged +/- do not affect the effect Die. Only modifiers to attack types, Lightning -2 Flame +1 and so on affect  the effect Die.

Hedge

Ty Hedge for taking care of this question. :cheer:
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage