May 03, 2024, 10:43:47 AM

Author Topic: Maximum mana/live?  (Read 3929 times)

BOB32

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Maximum mana/live?
« on: October 07, 2012, 12:41:13 PM »
Can you get more than 34 mana in your mana supply or more than 41 i live?

ShamanX

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum mana/live?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 07:42:37 PM »
I asked this about a week ago... the consensus was that the stat bar is not a limit to those stats.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 12:00:04 PM »
Correct we found that was the average max amount of mana most people would get during a game and that is what was listed on the status sheet.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Nihilistiskism

• Master Debater
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 02:11:15 PM »
Quote from: "Shad0w" post=1913
Correct we found that was the average max amount of mana most people would get during a game and that is what was listed on the status sheet.

I do think this might warrant a nod in the next iteration of the rule book, by the way. Generally, in games that use a slider, at least in my experience, the slider represents the entire spectrum, that is, the highest and lowest. In this way Mage Wars is an exception to the "rule" I think. I'm not complaining, as I've many times at random intervals during a game found myself needing to set the counter higher for Mana, as there may be two turns where I have pulled spells that I end up not playing for one reason or another and my mana goes up by its full amount two or more turns in a row. It's a rare occurrence, but it has happened to me at least three times. I may be a strange outlier, but I think just mentioning it in the core rule book would be a wonderful addition to the extremely well-written and comprehensive rules.

-nihil
Take a shower, don't talk like a junior high dropout, and stop being such a fatty.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2012, 02:34:45 PM »
I have had to use dice before because my mana was near 70.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage