May 15, 2024, 03:26:24 PM

Author Topic: GreyElephant Gaming Mage Wars Video FiF match  (Read 7923 times)

abyssalstalker

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: GreyElephant Gaming Mage Wars Video FiF match
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2014, 02:06:38 PM »
Sectarus can be used to place a "Rise Again" on a creature. However, to place the enchantment the sword must damage it's target. Therefore, damage must be applied, and if that damage would kill the target then there is no one to cast "Rise Again" on.

The Power Rune only works with items that give you spell actions. Discount ring while awesome, are not improved by the Power Rune. The Horn of Gothos does not give you a spell action. It has a triggered ability that occurs when you use your battle orders. So, it is not improved by the Power Rune either. Even with that said the Power Rune can be used in conjunction with Elemental Wand, Mage Wand, Helm of Command, Wand of Healing, and Dispel Wand.

The disable ability is pretty simple. If it is a trait, then it stays, but if it grants another object a trait then it's gone. Basically, traits are a pretty intrinsic part of an object, but things like Dragonscale Hauberk that grant the Armor +2 trait to a mage, can be turned off because that is the ability of the equipment, to grant that trait to another object.

Glad my instinct was correct on Rise Again. When I saw Carmen kill something with the dagger than reincarnate it I was like, "damn, that seems too good to be true." It's still possible to utilize the dagger this way, though. Just damage something and finish it off with another creature rather than deal the killing blow with a Rise Again enchanted dagger. I have to give her some credit because that is still a pretty clever use of sectarus.

Thanks for clarifying the Power Rune. I foresee it being used mostly with Helm of Command but having it with a wand would be really nice too if you wanted to pursue that route.

Would you mind addressing the Harshforge plate question regarding enchantments? Do you pay the additional cost to place it on the enemy mage or when the card is revealed?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 02:11:20 PM by abyssalstalker »

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2014, 02:21:51 PM »
Harshforge Plate increases the cost of casting incantations and enchantments, not the reveal.

abyssalstalker

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2014, 02:30:22 PM »
Harshforge Plate increases the cost of casting incantations and enchantments, not the reveal.

Great, thanks. That's definitely what I was leaning towards.