May 03, 2024, 06:05:47 AM

Author Topic: Warlock Build Help  (Read 7858 times)

Lightseed

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Warlock Build Help
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2013, 09:08:52 AM »
This is a realy good read, i am a worlock fan myself and was looking for good tips, i found em here :D thx.

piousflea

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Re: Warlock Build Help
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2013, 10:35:29 PM »
This looks like a pretty strong and standard Warlock build. It's relatively light on creatures but has a really nice selection of equipment and enchants.

That said, I would strongly suggest replacing the Elemental Wand with an Enchanter's Ring. Elemental Wand is useless as you don't have the mana income to repeatedly spam attack spells. You'll use a Flameblast and a Fireball here and there, but with 9 channeling and zero mana crystals attack spells will never be your primary source of damage.

On the other hand, as long as you're casting 2 friendly enchants per game, the Enchanters' Ring pays for itself. You're virtually guaranteed to cast a Bear Strength and a (Nullify or Block) every game, so it's impossible to go wrong with Enchanters Ring.

I would also recommend dropping Mordok's. 4 points is just too much for such a situational card, and Warlocks are fairly strong against swarms as is. Use those points for 2 Firebrand Imps and a Retaliate:

Imps are amazingly cost efficient at 5 mana: 2 dice and 8+ Burn is worth ~3.25 dice against anything without Fire resistance, and you can Bloodreaper them for a 5-mana, 4-dice (5.25 effective) minion.

Retaliate is immensely powerful for any melee-centric build. Spend 4 mana (3 with enchanters ring) for a counterattack worth 7 dice (Lash + Bearstrength, 9 effective dice with Burn).