May 17, 2024, 07:02:57 AM

Author Topic: Mage Cast episode 3! Forcemaster time!  (Read 3777 times)

SharkBait

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
Mage Cast episode 3! Forcemaster time!
« on: December 21, 2015, 11:16:04 AM »
Good news, only 2 days late!  :P

You can find the discussion of the Forcemaster HERE

As always, we encourage feedback! Please, tell us what you agree/disagree with, share your forcemaster stories, what's working for you, etc. Discussions are more fun when you get more input!
  • Favourite Mage: Adramelech Warlock
When in doubt, kill it with fire

theasaris

• Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Cast episode 3! Forcemaster time!
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2015, 11:53:58 AM »
Hey, I'm missing the download link here. Could you make it available as before?

SharkBait

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2015, 12:09:31 PM »
Whoops, forgot to click that. Should be good to go now

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2015, 09:57:31 PM »
Love this episode! Few things I noticed:

-Force Orb and Force Sword are not autonomous. They give defenses that are unaffected by conditions including restrained, daze and incapacitated.

-stuck doesn't just restrain, it also gives unmovable, which means the creature can't be pushed. Perhaps you were thinking of the Cripple condition?

-My original fatigue forcemaster only has 1 force crush, so she's not "all about the force crush". She also has magebane, ghoul rot, and stranglevine as sources of damage over time (Although to be fair, I didn't add the ghoul rot until after my Thunderdome game against Sharkbait). She also sometimes uses wall of thorns-push combo as a finisher (force crush has a upkeep which you can choose not to pay for before using the finishing combo). And it has blur in it, so thunderbolt often won't work well against her. And as far as I can tell it's not particularly weak against swarms. It has a mordok's obelisk, two forcefields and a guardian angel in it, as well as a charm, a mind control, two essence drains, and both a rhino hide and a chitin armor.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Puddnhead

• Member of Arcane Duels; MageCast Co-host
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2015, 10:22:38 PM »
Thanks for the Feedback, Sailor!  And thanks for the new Forcemaster archetype!  I realized after I listened to the cast that I mis-spoke several times. Sorry about that, I'm new to the podcast thing!  ;)

1) Force Orb and Force Sword are not Autonomous, but they still work when you've been Surging Wave'd which is what I was really trying to say.

2) True, you cannot push yourself when you are affected by stuck, but that stuck is a 50% chance to fall off each turn and you can push yourself right after you roll that chance if it succeeds using your quick cast marker.

3) I never actually saw your original book.  What I did experiment with is an evolution of your original idea.  I'm sure we will see a number of variations in the near future.  Also, as I mentioned, I haven't actually tried the book (especially your original) against a spawnpoint based swarm and that comment is highly theoretical.

Thanks again for your comments.  I hope I clarified my mis-speaks and meanings effectively.

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2015, 05:05:21 PM »
Just listened to the podcast! Nice work guys! This is pretty awesome and informative stuff on the mage. Really loved the Star Wars intro for the FORCEmaster :D and the fact that she feels like a jedi makes it all the more appropriate.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2015, 05:01:02 AM »
Looking forward to this episode. Just finished downloading it to my mobile.

Is there any kind of preview for next episode? What will be main topic etc. (if menioned in podcast, this question will be redundant in next one hour and some minutes) :)
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

SharkBait

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2015, 06:48:18 AM »
Looking forward to this episode. Just finished downloading it to my mobile.

Is there any kind of preview for next episode? What will be main topic etc. (if menioned in podcast, this question will be redundant in next one hour and some minutes) :)

I'm 90% sure the next episode will be Arraxian Crown Warlock focused, similar to the way this episode was forcemaster focused except that we go into much greater detail about 2 specific books.

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2015, 07:20:04 AM »
Nice :)

I like how deep your podcasts are. Mage Wars Mondays were always nice but for "epic" players little bit shallow :)
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

rant

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • p00pstar on Octgn
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2015, 09:57:26 AM »

I'm 90% sure the next episode will be Arraxian Crown Warlock focused, similar to the way this episode was forcemaster focused except that we go into much greater detail about 2 specific books.

Looking forward to this one. AC warlock has been my main focus for a while now.  It will be interesting to hear your take on the mage.
  • Favourite Mage: Arraxian Crown Warlock

Puddnhead

• Member of Arcane Duels; MageCast Co-host
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2015, 10:46:06 AM »

Looking forward to this one. AC warlock has been my main focus for a while now.  It will be interesting to hear your take on the mage.

Not to disappoint too much, but it will be a much narrower focus than this overview of the Forcemaster.  We will spend some time talking together about a very specific book archetype.

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2015, 03:20:51 AM »
listened to the podcast yesterday.  :)

I just wanted to note that the enchanter's ring also gives the discount to brace yourself and not only block, so that comparison was not entirely correct. That's like saying fireball can give more dice than a boulder since it can be boosted with hawkeye and the fireshaper ring.

And I completely agree that agony is a bit too strong for sweepers & doublestrikers. It's pretty unfair that Bear strength only works on the first strike but agony completely destroys a [mwcard=MW1C09]Darkfenne Hydra[/mwcard], [mwcard=FWC14]Sir Corazin, Blademaster[/mwcard], [mwcard=MW1C17]Goran, Werewolf Pet[/mwcard] etc...
Agony is the single reason those cards are rarely used.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 03:24:26 AM by Halewijn »
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.