May 17, 2024, 04:15:24 AM

Author Topic: Force-Push-Master Deck  (Read 5055 times)

Ronor

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Force-Push-Master Deck
« on: December 14, 2015, 06:15:20 AM »
Hello,

here is a Force-Master Deck I recently built.

[spellbook]
[spellbookheader]
[spellbookname]Force(push)Master[/spellbookname]
[mage]Forcemaster[/mage]
[/spellbookheader]
[spells]
[spellclass]Attack[/spellclass]
[mwcard=DNA01]2 x  Acid Ball[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1a09]4 x  Jet Stream[/mwcard]
[mwcard=FWA02]1 x  Force Hammer[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1a03]1 x  Electrify[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Conjuration[/spellclass]
[mwcard=mw1w04]3 x  Wall of Thorns[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1j04]1 x  Battle Forge[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Creature[/spellclass]
[mwcard=mw1c18]1 x  Gorgon Archer[/mwcard]
[mwcard=FWC16]1 x  Thoughtspore[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Enchantment[/spellclass]
[mwcard=mw1e09]2 x  Agony[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1e14]2 x  Enfeeble[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1e31]2 x  Poisoned Blood[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1e02]1 x  Block[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1e38]2 x  Teleport Trap[/mwcard]
[mwcard=FWE05]1 x  Forcefield[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1e36]1 x  Rhino Hide[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1e21]1 x  Hawkeye[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX2FFE07]2 x  Rust[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Equipment[/spellclass]
[mwcard=mw1q16]1 x  Leather Gloves[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX1CKQ06]2 x  Eagleclaw Boots[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1q06]1 x  Dragonscale Hauberk[/mwcard]
[mwcard=DNQ09]1 x  Wand of Healing[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1q19]1 x  Mage Wand[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1q23]1 x  Regrowth Belt[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Incantation[/spellclass]
[mwcard=mw1i12]6 x  Force Push[/mwcard]
[mwcard=FWI03]1 x  Force Bash[/mwcard]
[mwcard=FWI04]1 x  Force Wave[/mwcard]
[mwcard=FWI05]1 x  Mass Sleep[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1i26]1 x  Sleep[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX2FFI03]3 x  Disarm[/mwcard]
[mwcard=FWI07]2 x  Repulse[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1i06]1 x  Dispel[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1i07]3 x  Dissolve[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1i24]1 x  Seeking Dispel[/mwcard]
[/spells]
[cost]Total cost: 120 pts[/cost]
[/spellbook]

The strategie is to get your opponents Armor to 0 and Force Push him through a Wall of Thorns. The Force Pull ability combined with Teleport Traps and Enfeeble always keeps the opponent mage in range for a this “Attack”.

The Cards in this Spellbook can be sorted in 3 Types:
Staying Alive (Armor, Sleep, Agony, Electrify, Block and the Eaglyclaw Boots to not get pushed yourself)
Reduce your Opponents Armor (Acid Ball, Dissolve, Dispell, Disarm, Rust)
Push your Opponent (Force Push, Mage Wand, Force Bash, Force Wave and Jet Stream)

I added a Forcehammer as a Finisher because of the lower Spellbook Costs.

Opening
Round 1: 20 Mana
Move towards your opponent and cast the Battle Forge (12). If you do not Think that your opponent is going to move towards you, you can make 2 Move Actions. If not you can cast a Rhino Hide (10) on yourself.

Round 2: 20 Mana
Battleforge: Leather Gloves (19),
Gorgon Archer (3),
Hawkeye (1) on your Gorgon Archer

If your Opponent plays a Swarm Tactic, the Archer can kill his small creatures. If he is playing a big Creature the Archer can put some Weak Conditions on it and make it useless.

In Round 3 I want to play a Thoughtspore with Force Push or Acid Ball, so I can get rid of my opponents Armor and Push him in the same Turn.

If you know that your opponent wants to play one big creature you can play a Thoughtspore (with Force Push) instead of the Archer. Agony deals with a big creature as well and you can start Pushing your Opponent around.

I played this Deck twice so far and won both games. Since neither me nor my opponent are very experienced players I wanted to ask you what you think of this Idea?

PS: English is not my native language ;-)

Puddnhead

• Member of Arcane Duels; MageCast Co-host
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 8
    • View Profile
Re: Force-Push-Master Deck
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2015, 09:34:56 AM »
Greetings!  Welcome to the forums!

I'm always interested in new takes on the Forcemaster.  I've noticed you don't run [mwcard=FWQ04]Galvitar, Force Blade[/mwcard] at all and have quite a few curses in there.  Intriguing!
I have a few questions for you to start some discussion:

1) How often have you used [mwcard=MW1A03]Electrify[/mwcard], what is it meant to answer and how helpful has it been?
2) Do your opponents ever run spawnpoints like [mwcard=MW1J10]Lair[/mwcard], [mwcard=MW1J23]Temple of Asyra[/mwcard] or [mwcard=DNQ05]Libro Mortuos[/mwcard]?  If so, what is your response to these cards?  Are you able to keep up with the rate at which creatures are summoned.
3) How often do you cast [mwcard=MWSTX2FFI03]Disarm[/mwcard]?
4) Do your opponents try to kill the [mwcard=FWC16]Thoughtspore[/mwcard]?  It doesn't look like it's very well protected.  If it dies are you crippled?
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

Schwenkgott

• Thunderdome
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2015, 10:18:23 AM »
I would recommend Akiros Favor on the Gorgon Archer instead of Hawkeye. Reroll 4 dice or the important weakness effect is better than just 1 more attack dice.
Akiro, I have never prayed to you before. No one will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that one stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Akiro... so grant me strength! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

Mystery

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2015, 10:33:25 AM »
id always take a galvitar and probably one other attack wall with dot vs high armored targets like bloodspinewall...

Fentum

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2015, 11:28:12 AM »
Thank you very much Ronor.

I haven't played for a long while, but back in the day, the Forcemaster + wall of thorns + push (of some sort) gave a nasty surprise. Players never forget the ten dice damage, so they usually armour up. Looking at the expansions, there seem to be more options to remove armour, so this type of play may work again, and perhaps in the later game once armour has been stripped.

When playing such a wall based game, I found the Necropian Vampiress to be an excellent buddy as she can fly over the walls and can heal herself. Packs a decent punch too. The Gorgon Archer might find sight lines blocked if you are generous with walls. I guess there's always Eagle Wings...

RomeoXero

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2015, 04:47:51 PM »
Hi there! Good to have you with us!

I'm always a bit nervous when I see a force master. Especially nowadays with folks finding new and aggravating ways to utilize her. That having been said let me share a few things I've noticed and hopefully they help you.

That thoughtspore is going to die. Lol nobody can afford to leave those floating for long so they draw a lot of hate. I suggest a bull endurance or a rhino hide for the thought spore, or one of the fancier enchants from academy if you have that. Or blur if you use promos as that is a ridiculous combo.

The thorn push combo is probably only going to work once if at all. Its pretty easy to make impractical, as even one point of armor can drastically reduce the damage and a single nullify when you didn't expect it can invalidate an entire round for you and that's a huge swing! And anyone with a brace yourself on (common early game play) will reveal it right after the push blunting the attack horribly.
If you still want to give it a go make it stick! Set up so that when you do the first push it's the last action when you DONT have initiative, that way when it hits you can do it again the very first QC next round with initiative and your opponent cannot stop it. Also an early rust helps probe for nullify and ensures low armor count when it lands.

Add cheetah speed and first turn qc cheetah speed on your mage, reveal, move 2 spaces force push yourself up one more space. Next turn your in position for your first push and if you were lucky and you passed or lost initiative you might get to act before they get armor on.

Beware any face down enchant. Maybe put seeking dispel on that thought spore to keep nullifies and brace yourselfs away.

Just a few thoughts, back to work, hope I could be helpful
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
I love this game. Its awesome!

Ronor

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2015, 03:11:34 AM »
@Puddnhead
Thanks for the welcome:

1) I didn't use electrify at all so far. In one of my games I played against a Swarm Beastmaster. The Gorgon Archer killed a falcon almost every turn. I tought it might be good against those swarm tactics. The 4 Dice Attack might kill some small creatures or at least stun them.

2) Yes, I played against a Lair. As I mentioned above, the archer did a lot of work, so I could kill my Opponent before his creatures got out of control.
My strategie against spawnpoints in general would be to get the archer in range. This way it can kill or cripple every creature as soon as it is summoned

3) Disarm is one of my favourite Cards in this spellbook. It's a cheap way to get rid of Eagleclaw Boots or some Armor for one turn.

4) In the first game I didn't cast it (against the Beastmaster). I needed to be more aggressive.
In the second game it was killed after casting 2 Acid Balls. After it was killed, it was like a game of poker. I always had to be one step ahead by picking the right answers.

@Schwenkgott
Thanks. That makes a lot of sense. I think I will change that.

@Mystery
The Galvitar seems to be too expensive. I try to kill my opponent very quick and Need my mana to reduce his armor and push him. That's why I didn't include it.
If the opponent mage is able to get a lot of armor on himself, I have lost anyway. I don't want to use the Force Push against other creatures, so another wall doesn't seem to fit that well.

@Fentum
At first i was thinking about adding an Archer's Watchtower so the Gorgon Archer cannot be blocked by my own walls. The Eagly Wings are a much better solution for that problem. Thanks :)

@RomeoXero
Thank you for your ideas!
An Early rust seems to be a very good idea.
Seeking Dispel on the Tought Spore also sounds good, as it's a cheap spell.

Brace Yourself seems to be a big issue and might counter this spellbook quite well. My first opponent didn't have it in his spellbook at all. In the second match I was able to use seeking dispel against it. As i mentioned in my first posting we aren't very experienced. Maybe a more experinced Player will have more copies of this Card in his deck. -.-

Kaarin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2015, 09:20:10 AM »
@Fentum
At first i was thinking about adding an Archer's Watchtower so the Gorgon Archer cannot be blocked by my own walls. The Eagly Wings are a much better solution for that problem. Thanks :)
I doubt Gorgon Archer can use [mwcard=FWJ02]Aarcher's Watchtower[/mwcard].
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
OCTGN: Wstrzasniety (UTC+2)

ringkichard

• Flightless Funpire
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Kich, if you prefer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2015, 12:04:23 PM »
Gorgon Archer is my favorite way to play Forcemaster. She doesn't help the Necro matchup, and is only sorta ok against most Wizards, but she's so good against Druid and Warlock I think she's worth the points anyway. Still trying to figure out what her other creature should be in the games you don't want to summon the Archer, though. Cervere, probably? Yes, it's a lot of points, but the goal is short games.
I can take the fun out of anything. It's true; here, look at this spreadsheet.

Ronor

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2015, 01:20:43 PM »
I doubt Gorgon Archer can use [mwcard=FWJ02]Aarcher's Watchtower[/mwcard].

Yes you are right. I forgot that soldier tag.

That's a really good reason for Eagle Wings ;-)

RomeoXero

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2015, 02:31:50 PM »
Remember though that with eagle wings you can't hide anymore. When you fly everything has los to you as that can be dangerous. That door swings both ways
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
I love this game. Its awesome!

Fentum

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2015, 04:09:42 PM »
Remember though that with eagle wings you can't hide anymore. When you fly everything has los to you as that can be dangerous. That door swings both ways

That's why I like the Necropian Vampiress. Hide behind the wall then fly in on your turn. Buffed appropriately.