May 02, 2024, 06:15:35 PM

Author Topic: Bringing arena boards?  (Read 3380 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Bringing arena boards?
« on: February 02, 2014, 12:11:34 PM »
Do people usually have to bring their own arena boards, dice, condition and ready markers to tournaments and events, or are they already provided?

My sister does not play on OCTGN because her computer is a Mac. It's difficult to share my core set with her most of the year because we live in different cities. I am considering loaning her my arena board and trying to play over Skype, but I'm not sure if I want to if I need my arena board for offline organized play if and when I have the opportunity to participate in it.

Thanks!
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
Re: Bringing arena boards?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 12:56:40 PM »
That's probably going to be on a venue by venue case. I'd imagine your opponent would have their board? Also a judge should have boards with them too.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 05:35:48 PM »
Players are only required to bring any markers and tokens (aka mage specific stuff) that are needed to play their book
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2014, 05:36:47 PM »
That's probably going to be on a venue by venue case. I'd imagine your opponent would have their board? Also a judge should have boards with them too.

I keep 2 boards and 4 mats on me for events
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2014, 08:01:00 PM »
Does that mean there are never more than 12 people at an event?
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2014, 10:08:54 PM »
Yeah haven't gotten around to buying any of those maps just yet. Maybe on down the line :)
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2014, 02:03:53 AM »
Does that mean there are never more than 12 people at an event?
Largest local league has been 10 and me judging. On a large format I could get 16 boards but outside of cons I have not seen a need

tom

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2014, 08:58:14 AM »
For my local tournaments I have asked people to bring their own boards, markers etc. Then I set up as many boards as we will need and I try to seat the player who owns the board at their board each round. Usually it works out and I have not had a problem with it yet.
I care not how many minions I lose,
the Darkfenne always has more graves.