May 15, 2024, 11:54:54 PM

Author Topic: Removing effects  (Read 3652 times)

jcox2820

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Removing effects
« on: January 30, 2013, 03:51:20 PM »
How exactly does removing an effect by paying the mana cost work? Does it require an action or quickcast, or do you ust pay the mana when you feel like and be done with it?

HeatStryke

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Re: Removing effects
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 04:04:39 PM »
You need to use a spell that removes conditions, it will then usually tell you to pay removal costs.

Locusshifter

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 04:07:08 PM »
Quote from: "HeatStryke" post=6913
You need to use a spell that removes conditions, it will then usually tell you to pay removal costs.

Yep. Right now you're looking at playing as the Priestess and/or using Purify. I think that's about it ATM.

Koy

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 07:54:13 PM »
That's the sum we have currently, though I've seen mention on these forums of a Healing Wand coming that will give all mages an easier way to handle conditions.

Koz

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 09:12:34 AM »
They just spoiled a card called Renewing Spring (or something like that) on Facebook that can both heal and remove conditions.  It will be in the expansion.

jcox2820

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 12:26:04 PM »
Thanks, that makes sense. I never really looked at too many healing-oriented cards in general, which sounds like it would have answered my question.

Locusshifter

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 01:32:07 PM »
Quote from: "jcox2820" post=6950
Thanks, that makes sense. I never really looked at too many healing-oriented cards in general, which sounds like it would have answered my question.

Well, as others have said, there appears to be more coming, especially in the way of multitaskers, that would probably have gotten your attention any way. Since there is so little right now it's no surprise that you missed it. :)

jcox2820

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2013, 08:21:18 PM »
Quote from: "Locusshifter" post=6954
Quote from: "jcox2820" post=6950

Well, as others have said, there appears to be more coming, especially in the way of multitaskers, that would probably have gotten your attention any way. Since there is so little right now it's no surprise that you missed it. :)

Yup. I do have to say, though, this has been the only rule I haven't been able to figure out on my own, which is pretty impressive on AW's part.

Drealin

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2013, 11:50:23 PM »
Rot and Weak are the only two conditions that can't be removed except by a spell.  All the others have another way to remove them written on the marker.
Since Rot and Weak are both poison conditions, I'm sure that's why they included Purify in the base game.
Also don't forget about Geyser to remove Burn conditions, since it's a Hydro spell.