May 30, 2024, 06:52:45 AM

Author Topic: tsunami & resplendent bow (not at the same time)  (Read 6157 times)

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
Re: tsunami & resplendent bow (not at the same time)
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2017, 01:27:53 AM »
Rulebook under "push":

Push is an effect caused by some spells and attacks that moves the target into an adjacent zone. Unless the effect says otherwise, the Pushed creature must move one zone away in the opposite direction from the source of the
Push. If there is a choice of direction (such as pushing a creature diagonally opposite, or if the source of the Push is in the same zone as the target), the source of the Push chooses the direction.

• Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.

exid

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • The longer the better!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2017, 05:01:26 AM »
wow... I must find time to play more often... I'm rust.
thank you!

wtcannonjr

• Ambassador of Wychwood
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • WBC Mage Wars Tournament
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2017, 07:46:49 AM »
Rulebook under "push":

Push is an effect caused by some spells and attacks that moves the target into an adjacent zone. Unless the effect says otherwise, the Pushed creature must move one zone away in the opposite direction from the source of the
Push. If there is a choice of direction (such as pushing a creature diagonally opposite, or if the source of the Push is in the same zone as the target), the source of the Push chooses the direction.
1. For a zone attack with a push effect originating in the same zone as the source, can the source select different directions for each target? The RAW appears to allow this.

2. In addition, the Tsunami spell appears to allow the source to select a push direction different than the direction selected for the Tsunami spell when in the originating zone unless I am missing something. Seems an effective way to separate a creature from the rest of a group.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2017, 08:09:58 AM »
Rulebook under "push":

1. For a zone attack with a push effect originating in the same zone as the source, can the source select different directions for each target? The RAW appears to allow this.

2. In addition, the Tsunami spell appears to allow the source to select a push direction different than the direction selected for the Tsunami spell when in the originating zone unless I am missing something. Seems an effective way to separate a creature from the rest of a group.

Yes, both are correct... you may choose different directions, as long as both are "away" (farther distant in counting zones) from the source. Also, the choice of direction of the Tsunami spell is completely independant of the choice of any Push effects from the attacks.

Note that this is an effective way to Push a friendly creature to safety while continuing to attack enemy creatures.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 08:11:43 AM by DaveW »
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2017, 09:39:10 AM »
Quick question. Does Tsunami affect flying creatures? If it doesn't than it should definitely be errata'd to be stopped by walls

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

• Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2017, 01:40:52 PM »
Quick question. Does Tsunami affect flying creatures? If it doesn't than it should definitely be errata'd to be stopped by walls

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Flying Creatures are immune from this zone attack, per the text at the bottom of the card.
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess