May 08, 2024, 11:01:52 PM

Author Topic: Fortified Position vs. Sacred Ground  (Read 7927 times)

Aylin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
Re: Fortified Position vs. Sacred Ground
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2014, 11:34:30 PM »
In general for Plants, +2 Armour is more protection. Having 0 armour is a tad painful.

However, the difference between them is less than 1 damage per attack. The only real question is whether those 2 spellpoints could be better spent.

Master Ruprecht

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2014, 04:43:08 AM »
So Armor +2 is better against lots of dice because you may get multiple non-crit ones? But even at 8 dice, the chances of getting two non-crit 1s is worse than the chances of getting a crit 2 somewhere in there. I'd rather cancel out the crit 2, especially if the defending creature already has some armor.

I can't fight the feeling (from other posts as well), that you use Aegis the wrong way. It removes a die before rolling, so there is no way to say beforehand, what result the die you protected yourself against will be. So no "in the case you roll a non-crit 2, the Aegis 1 will cancel that out anyway".

The statement I would sign is the one saying Aegis is better on creatures with some armor  8)

TheDoros

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2014, 10:58:15 AM »
I think it all depends on the creatures starting armor.

Higher armor would favor aegis I would think as additional armor past a threshold would result in diminishing returns (mitigated damage)

Whereas a creature with 0 (or close to) armor would probably benefit from the +2 armor rather than the Aegis.

Or maybe I am completely wrong, I am new at this...

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2014, 07:03:52 PM »
Fortified Position can be used to be a kind of Corrode Barrier also. Sit on a Fortified Position with no other armor, take two Corrode, move away and back and no more Corrode. Takes an action that might be better spent, but if you have the time or need to save mana and have nothing to melee attack... this might be interesting. It might be interesting using a couple of these (in different zones, of course) with unarmored creatures on the move along with shift enchantments as has been mentioned elsewhere. Get Corroded, move out to another zone with a Fortified Position, and you still have your armor and the Corrodes go away.
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess