General Category > Spellbook Builder

My spellbook builder

(1/50) > >>

grga.curkovic:
EDIT:
Spellbook builder is available at http://www.spellbookbuilder.com
It includes all released Arena and Academy cards.
It doesn't support Internet Explorer (don't know about Edge, wouldn't be my money on it).

ORIGINAL POST:
Hi gals and guys,

Writing from Croatia, been playing MW for about 2 years. I've been reading forums for a while but never felt like I could contribute so this is my first post.

Spellbook builder was incredibly useful when I first started building spellbooks, but over time and extensive usage I became aware of things that could be improved.

I'm currently on vacation and a few days ago I started looking into spell builder card database code before my daughter and wife woke up. Things escalated quickly from there and I spent entire day coding and by the time I went to bed I had a fully functional spellbook builder/card database.

The main reasons for taking this effort were:
 - official spellbook builder is somewhat difficult to use on a small screen
 - I often need to skim through all the cards so I can decide what to include (I only play ~50 games per year)
 - I wanted to search cards by restriction (dark mage only, druid only etc.)
 - I recently purchased Battleground Dominations and it is not supported on official spellbook
 - importing spellbooks doesn't work (I'm a mac user)
 - accidentally reloading the page is devastating :)

I needed up with a slightly different design and implemented all the functionality official spellbook builder has plus:
 - spellbooks are stored using browser storage - they persists across sessions
 - support for Battleground Dominations
 - card restrictions are searchable (through subtype)

At the moment I'm very happy with what I've got, but I plan to add the following
 - mage cards - the main problem here is that I need to take photos of them and the sets are at my friends (we co-own then).
 - "remember" number of sets owned - defaults are currently hardcoded for sets we own, but it may not be practical for other people :)

Anyway, here goes:

During the process I used information from card database and spellbook builder and I downloaded images for all cards. I believe these things are property of AW so I'd like to get approval to share my spellbook builder/card database with the rest of the world.

If I can get approval I would be delighted to hear the community feedback, implement new features and fix bugs (there are always bugs).

Another thing I'd like to do is add more data about the cards so they can be searched based on attack attributes (Piercing, Unavoidable ...), effects (Burn, Cripple ..) and other relevant info (Defense, Armor, dice number ...). It wouldn't be difficult to add this feature but data is not available and I don't have the time to enter it manually. If I get AW approval and there is interest it can be a community driven effort.

Cheers

P.S. Hope admins will approve this post :)

Kaarin:

--- Quote from: grga.curkovic on August 15, 2016, 09:01:14 AM ---
At the moment I'm very happy with what I've got, but I plan to add the following
 - mage cards - the main problem here is that I need to take photos of them and the sets are at my friends (we co-own then).
--- End quote ---
Mage ability cards are on the site. Example: [mwcard=ADRAMELECH WARLOCKABILITYOUTLINE]Adramelech Warlock Ability Card[/mwcard]

--- Quote ---Another thing I'd like to do is add more data about the cards so they can be searched based on attack attributes (Piercing, Unavoidable ...), effects (Burn, Cripple ..) and other relevant info (Defense, Armor, dice number ...). It wouldn't be difficult to add this feature but data is not available and I don't have the time to enter it manually.

--- End quote ---
You may be interested in Spellbook builder from OCTGN Mage Wars module. It already has this feature. You can search in attack bar for burn or enchantments' text for armor. It also has every set till Academy and a lot of promos.

Boocheck:

--- Quote from: grga.curkovic on August 15, 2016, 09:01:14 AM ---Hi gals and guys,

Writing from Croatia, been playing MW for about 2 years. I've been reading forums for a while but never felt like I could contribute so this is my first post......

--- End quote ---

I am really looking forward to this builder. Just from the picture, can i set what kind of Sets i have and then let dissapear the window? Its a dead space after first input. And also, mad man like me have everything twice now :)

I like that you immediatly see number of points it will cost you to add 1 spell and total amount.

Hvala Vam!

Milevan_Faent:
If you make it able to spit out a text file that can be read by the OCTGN importer, then this will be amazing.

grga.curkovic:

--- Quote from: Boocheck on August 15, 2016, 12:33:38 PM ---
I am really looking forward to this builder. Just from the picture, can i set what kind of Sets i have and then let dissapear the window? Its a dead space after first input. And also, mad man like me have everything twice now :)

I like that you immediatly see number of points it will cost you to add 1 spell and total amount.

Hvala Vam!

--- End quote ---

Sorry for taking time to respond...

Thanks for the overall positive feedback. I'm still unclear if it is ok to release this to the general public as no official AW staff commented on this. I'd guess you have some inside connections being a playtester, is it possible for you to ask someone about this?

I'm having a hard time deciding which columns should be displayed. I want to keep the builder functional on a small screen so I can't have it all. What would be your choices? Is reveal cost relevant or could it be replaced with something more useful? Some feedback from other players will be helpful here.

I will look into OCTGN, both for using their database and exporting to their format. Exporting should not be an issue, but it will be a bit challenging to test as it seems OCTGN is not available on mac.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version