May 17, 2024, 11:46:15 AM

Author Topic: Circle of Lightning  (Read 4943 times)

C Savy

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Circle of Lightning
« on: June 12, 2015, 10:15:43 AM »
Which set does this come from? I don't see it on any of the set lists provided in the resource download section.

Thanks!

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • Playing face-to-face in Ottawa again soon
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
Re: Circle of Lightning
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2015, 10:36:02 AM »
Which set does this come from? I don't see it on any of the set lists provided in the resource download section.

Thanks!

Core set. It's on the old list; not sure if it's on the new list (4th printing) as I don't have that one on my phone yet, but I'd be surprised if it were cut.

Edit: you can also tell from the card number:
[mwcard=MW1E06]Circle of Lightning[/mwcard]

MW1 = core set. E = Enchantment. 06 indicates it's alphabetically the 6th Enchantment in the core set.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 10:39:31 AM by iNano78 »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

C Savy

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2015, 10:56:27 AM »
Thank you. It's not on the new list and I now know about the card indexing... so much faster ;)

adanaz

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2015, 01:39:16 PM »
Hello. 

Can anybody confirm whether [mwcard=MW1E06]Circle of Lightning[/mwcard] is actually in the Mage Wars Arena Core Set please?  Thanks.
  • Favourite Mage: Sortilege Wizard
"My favourite guilty pleasure? Are there innocent ones?" - Shadowcloak Vampire (M15).

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2015, 02:58:37 PM »
I am an owner of 2th edition and there was a 1 copy of Circle of Lightning in it. I am also an owner of everything else MW related except of some promocards (Eeekmouse, Screaming Zombie etc.) and i just found just 2 copy of Circle of Lightning in my MW box. I hope it helps :)

• Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

adanaz

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2015, 01:40:56 AM »
Thanks Boocheck. Are there any 4th edition owners who can also confirm?
"My favourite guilty pleasure? Are there innocent ones?" - Shadowcloak Vampire (M15).

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2015, 01:50:47 PM »
Did you not get one in the core set? It should be in every core set.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

andy

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2015, 02:13:25 PM »
Did you not get one in the core set? It should be in every core set.
I think that's precisely the question.  It was definitely in the core set before (I think I have the 2nd printing core set, and I've got a Circle of Lightning).  But the 4th printing (arena) core set card list (here) does not list Circle of Lightning.  So I think the question is whether anybody can confirm that Circle of Lightning is or is not contained in the 4th edition core set.

I can't answer that particular question, but I will point out that Circle of Lightning is still listed in Core Spell Tome 1, so new players do still have a way to get this card.

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2015, 02:40:41 PM »
Yes, Circle of Lightning is in the 4th printing. If it's not on the current list, then that is a misprint. No cards were removed from the Core Set, only added. I hope this helps!

adanaz

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2015, 02:51:28 PM »
Thanks guys (I got one in my 3rd edition core set).  Clear clarification from Laddinfance. 

In a couple of days I will hopefully have my Mage Wars Arena core set!!  It's additional to all of the expansions (minus spell tomes) and a 3rd edition core set, so that will be cool.  I'm looking forward to some more extensive spell book builds with the additional cards.  I still wont have as many [mwcard=MW1J01] Rajan's Fury[/mwcard]'s as Coshade though ha ha!

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2015, 02:06:38 PM »
Thanks guys (I got one in my 3rd edition core set).  Clear clarification from Laddinfance. 

In a couple of days I will hopefully have my Mage Wars Arena core set!!  It's additional to all of the expansions (minus spell tomes) and a 3rd edition core set, so that will be cool.  I'm looking forward to some more extensive spell book builds with the additional cards.  I still wont have as many [mwcard=MW1J01] Rajan's Fury[/mwcard]'s as Coshade though ha ha!

:P My Beastmaster is so angry all the time
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest