May 03, 2024, 08:15:26 PM

Author Topic: Mage Wars for OCTGN module has been updated to 1.4.0.0  (Read 7442 times)

lukard

Re: Mage Wars for OCTGN module has been updated to 1.4.0.0
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2014, 03:29:37 PM »
hello, since yesterday in one player MW:

-Dont work flip initiative token.
-I cant summoned phase changing token and initiative token. (my oponent can)
-i cant change phase (Ctrl-down)

i believe the new version it crashed.

Thanks for your job!!

I played yesterday and also experienced the change phase (Ctrl-down) issue.

Just saw you guys release a fix for this issue, will try out later and let you know if still experiencing this.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 03:36:49 PM by lukard »

abyssalstalker

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2014, 09:48:39 AM »
Hi Sike,

I installed the new version today and have been playing around with it. Great work on the update. Lots of nice features! This post is entirely about the multiplayer variant since that's all I've tested so far.

While I love the idea of building my own modular board, I can't help but go crazy that I can't see the zone backgrounds and arena boarders. My cards just feel lost and it takes me out of the game. I was thinking if we added a basic pure black card that's the size of a normal zone (~8"X7.5") we can quickly throw down the amount of zones we'd need. To make zones larger in case of a large battle we could just throw two zones right next to each other or slightly overlay it if we only need a third of it, for example.

This would also completely eliminate the need of a zone intersection tile since you could just leave a tiny space / line between zones and the natural yellow background would serve well to differentiate different zones.

My only concern with this approach is how easy it may be to accidentally drag a black background card instead of a playing card. Is there a way to lock cards after they've been placed? If so, then I feel this would be the most ideal solution.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 09:50:35 AM by abyssalstalker »

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2014, 09:53:12 AM »
Thanks for the feedback! This was a request by Imaginator, and I have been awaiting feedback from him. I can make the alt background something different. If I recall the original request, the idea was to give the table top as the alt board that way you could use the cards to build odd shaped arenas. Triangles etc...
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest