May 05, 2024, 10:29:26 PM

Author Topic: PvS nominated for most anticipated game of 2016!  (Read 4403 times)

Kaarin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
PvS nominated for most anticipated game of 2016!
« on: January 05, 2016, 06:33:53 PM »
I nominated PvS for Most Anticipated Game in 20 Most Anticipated Games of 2016 on BGG in following categories: Expansion, Fantasy, Thematic.
You can vote for it if You have account on BGG by thumbing this nomination.
Here's PvS nomination.

Also this:
Bribing Voters
Bribes are encouraged. In the past, publishers and designers have offered web released scenarios, special cards, etc. as bribes to voters if they reach a certain position in the final voting. This is completely acceptable as it drives anticipation, which is the point of this contest.
:P

Where can I get clear version of PvS cover to update nomination entry?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 06:39:45 PM by Kaarin »
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
OCTGN: Wstrzasniety (UTC+2)

Wildhorn

• Superior artificial brain, feel free to call me Blaine.
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
Re: PvS nominated for most anticipated game of 2016!
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2016, 08:49:23 PM »

I noticed that the scabbard of the Paladin is neither large enough nor long enough (it should continue up to behind his left ankle) to hold the sword...

Same thing for the trident of the siren, I think we should see some part of it behind her knee...

Wildhorn

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 11:57:06 PM »
Hmmm, my question in the geeklist comment got unanswered.

Will they come with their spellbook or they gonna be just cards?
Spellbooks are cool, but just cards is also cool money-wise.

And since I discovered I prefer to play with the cards sleeved as a deck in my hand than in the spellbook, I would really not mind at all if they were just a pack of cards (and spellbook could be sold separately) with a small cardboard sheet for tokens that could be required for the cards. Btw, I am loving the new tokens production. They are more thick and punch out much more easier.

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2016, 02:35:34 AM »
Yeah, they are much thicker and easier to pick up or flip.

I also agree about spellbooks. I would prefer just cards + tokens with possibility to buy spellbooks separatly. I have about 3 to 5 active spellbooks and Getting more and more with each expansion will not change of how many spellbooks i have active at the same time :) But from the other point of view, if  i was a newcomer into mage wars and had just a core set, i would welcome that in the expansion i am buying is also a spellbook for that mage.

It depends :)
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2016, 08:28:06 AM »

And since I discovered I prefer to play with the cards sleeved as a deck in my hand than in the spellbook, I would really not mind at all if they were just a pack of cards (and spellbook could be sold separately) with a small cardboard sheet for tokens that could be required for the cards. Btw, I am loving the new tokens production. They are more thick and punch out much more easier.

PVS comes with spellbooks. We're always evaluating the whole spellbook issue when we look at a new set. Right now it's our goal to have players able to grab PVS and take one of the mages and play their recommended spellbook straight out of the box.

Wildhorn

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2016, 10:24:44 AM »

PVS comes with spellbooks. We're always evaluating the whole spellbook issue when we look at a new set. Right now it's our goal to have players able to grab PVS and take one of the mages and play their recommended spellbook straight out of the box.

That's understandable. But I hope next mages will be cards only because, if I am not mistaken, the box is like 30% of the cost of a game and a spellbook is like 7$.

Bluebaron

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2016, 10:37:21 AM »
I like the current model. Spellbooks for new mages, and no spellbooks for alternate mages. I also think it is a wise choise that acadamy expansions come without spellbooks.

wtcannonjr

• Ambassador of Wychwood
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • WBC Mage Wars Tournament
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2016, 06:02:51 AM »
I like the current model. Spellbooks for new mages, and no spellbooks for alternate mages. I also think it is a wise choise that acadamy expansions come without spellbooks.

+1 for the current model.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin