May 17, 2024, 05:11:57 PM

Author Topic: Forcemaster update  (Read 1817 times)

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
  • Out of the ashes, a new power will rise.
    • View Profile
Forcemaster update
« on: December 25, 2016, 01:46:00 PM »
Hello all. Sorry for my absence but I'm back full time now. I wish everyone a peaceful and merry Christmas. Anyway, now that PVS is out as well as lost grimore what are some new book ideas for my beloved forcemaster.
The Phoenix shall rise.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
Re: Forcemaster update
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2016, 03:34:18 PM »
Mind's Eye is legit. Makes Thoughtspores very viable.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

Super Sorcerer

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2016, 04:23:17 PM »
ב"ה
Now that there are sirens, the single non-thoughtspore creature that many forcemasters bring better be psychic immune (so skeleton knight or zombie brute or a devouring jelly). Thoughtspores became more usefull with that mind's eye.
Solo forcemasters now have lullaby in school and that hydro -2 armor so they become a little more resistant to surging wave (and tsunami), which benefit them almost as mush as arcane ward when it was released in academy core set. On the other hand, siren is a really tough opponent for a solo forcemaster, even with that hydro -2 armor. I mean, that shallow sea really hurts your ability to melee, and it both make your attacks weaker and make their attacks stronger (not to mention that it can be combined with divine protection to remove 2 dice from each attack). And of course you have against the siren the same problems you had against water wizard when they were legal (have too many dissolves and can cast dissolve from familiar, and have those irritating unavoidable water spells).

Puddnhead

• Member of Arcane Duels; MageCast Co-host
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2016, 08:02:48 PM »
Chant of Rage is in school as well...and as to dealing with shallow sea...Force Pull is still your friend.

Also...Mind's Eye is bonkers!

In other news...Alandell is The BOSS Knight and completely worth 15 points in your spellbook.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster