May 03, 2024, 11:40:37 AM

Author Topic: Bloothristy & Taunt  (Read 3704 times)

mitkosim

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Bloothristy & Taunt
« on: October 19, 2012, 10:45:25 AM »
Hey, so I asked this question on BGG as well but it's been slow to receive responses so I'm going to try here as well. If a creature is Bloodthirsty or has been taunted is it forced to attack the requisite creature in it's zone before even having the chance to move or does that only kick in after having moved? The BGG thread received two answers - one each way - so I am hoping for more opinions and maybe an official clarification. Thanks!

Arcanus

• Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Re: Bloothristy & Taunt
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 10:57:31 AM »
Hi Mitsokim,

It cannot choose to move first.  As soon as the Bloodthirsty creature is activated, you check 2 conditions:

1. Is there a damaged enemy creature in his zone?  
2. Can he attack that creature?  (For example, the damaged creature might be flying, or there might be a guard in the zone which would redirect his attack.).

If the answer to both questions is YES, then he must make a melee attack on the enemy creature.

If the answer to either question is NO, then he can choose another action.  However, if he moves to a new zone, he must immediately check the same 2 conditions for that zone as well.

mitkosim

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 11:20:21 AM »
Thanks for the quick reply! I guess one has to be really careful with the Blood Reaper lest it gets in a bad situation :D

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2012, 11:27:21 AM »
Quote from: "mitkosim" post=2342
Thanks for the quick reply! I guess one has to be really careful with the Blood Reaper lest it gets in a bad situation :D

That has never happened before. :whistle:
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Hedge

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2012, 01:04:28 AM »
You could always use your mage's Quickcast to move the Bloodthirsty creature to another zone via teleport or force push or some other means just before you activate it.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2012, 01:12:30 AM »
Quote from: "Shad0w" post=2343
Quote from: "mitkosim" post=2342

That has never happened before. :whistle:

Quote from: "Hedge" post=2364
You could always use your mage's Quickcast to move the Bloodthirsty creature to another zone via teleport or force push or some other means just before you activate it.

add bear strength it was a bad bad day for that mage :lol:
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage