May 15, 2024, 01:59:07 AM

Author Topic: Tabletopia? I'd like to try it, But requires an Invite Code  (Read 6544 times)

Fly Molo

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Tabletopia? I'd like to try it, But requires an Invite Code
« on: November 20, 2015, 11:07:36 PM »
Saw the thread about Academy being available on tabletopia. Figured I'd give it a shot, but it is asking for an Invite Code.

Is that something I should already have, or is there a code that Arcane Wonders forgot to put in their article?

Thanks for any help you may provide.

exid

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • The longer the better!
    • View Profile
Re: Tabletopia? I'd like to try it, But requires an Invite Code
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2015, 12:06:53 AM »
i don't know tabletopia...
how does it work?
does it like ubuntu?
is arena on tabletopia too?

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2015, 05:19:08 AM »
Well, at the moment Tabletopia is in a closed beta stage of development, so in order to register tere you need to get an invitation. I think that "invitation" si for those who pledged on Kickstarter (not sure) and for testers and game designers.

Tabletopia is best described here - https://d2pq0u4uni88oo.cloudfront.net/projects/1694091/video-572216-h264_high.mp4

We just have to wait a little bit longer :)
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Tabletopia? I'd like to try it, But requires an Invite Code
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2015, 06:08:55 AM »
Just found out that the public release on Steam won't be until January, even though according to Steam it's supposed to be released in "Q4 2015".

Also, it's going to be free at the bronze level unless you want the extra features that come with subscription.

It's going to be available for Mac as well as windows. So everyone who attempted to get it working via wine and couldn't is finally going to be able to play Mage Wars online!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 06:13:56 AM by Sailor Vulcan »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Tyrnan

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2015, 05:53:40 PM »
As far as I understand it, you can still gain early access by doing a "late pledge"  here: https://tabletopia.com/preorder. For $10 you get early access and there are higehr pledge levels, where you get additinal subscription months with a discount.
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
OCTGN: Tyrnan (GMT +1)