May 04, 2024, 10:23:55 AM

Author Topic: Necromancer Collectors Set  (Read 9028 times)

Phillus

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Necromancer Collectors Set
« on: May 30, 2015, 11:50:00 AM »
In the Necromancer Collectors Set there would be.
  • Zombie Alternate Art for much of the mage wars creatures Zombie Dire Wolf, Zombie Falcon, Zombie Hydra, ETC.
  • Necromancer Alternate Art
  • 100 Necromancer Card Sleves
  • Mage Wars Necromancer bumper sticker
  • Mage Wars Necromancer Figurine for use instead of the Card
  • Mage Wars Libro Motuos Plush
  • Possible Sardonyx Plush and Wearable Necromancer Robe

Borg

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: Necromancer Collectors Set
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2015, 12:30:16 PM »
Is this something you read somewhere or are you just making this up ?
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

Phillus

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2015, 01:27:46 PM »
Is this something you read somewhere or are you just making this up ?
Made it up. Im a fan of Necromancer so I want something like this so I could buy it.

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2015, 03:06:07 PM »
*closing his wallet with a relief*

Dont do this ever again please :)
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • Playing face-to-face in Ottawa again soon
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2015, 09:37:15 AM »
Zombie Alternate Art for much of the mage wars creatures Zombie Dire Wolf, Zombie Falcon, Zombie Hydra, ETC.

Completely unnecessary, but I could see somebody wanting them (or at least painting their own extra copies?)

Necromancer Alternate Art

Already exists:

Necromancer Card Sleves

I use these:

Mage Wars Necromancer bumper sticker

Really?

Mage Wars Necromancer Figurine for use instead of the Card

Need these for all the mages.

Mage Wars Libro Motuos Plush

I don't get the attraction of "plush" (as in teddy bear?), but I could imagine a deluxe edition 3D textured spell book with pages that all face the same way and looks something like the "Book of the Dead" edition of the Evil Dead DVD from about a decade ago:

Possible Sardonyx Plush and Wearable Necromancer Robe

No.  Just no.  If you want to play in costume, knock yourself out, but if included in a deluxe edition for the card game, the size of the box would have to be huge and would cost accordingly as you wouldn't be able to fit many boxes per crate shipped from overseas.

dexmark

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2015, 11:30:04 PM »
For a pure mage collector set like the Necromancer I agree on the following:

- necro card sleeves
- 2 new custom necro spell book - one for skeletal army
and one for zombie army or make only 1 but each back will cater for the chosen army
- necro 3d miniature for:
1. Necromancer
2. Graveyard.
3. Reanimate - creature coming out of the ground. This should cover the alternate art for all reanimated creature.
4. Libro Mortous
- necro life counter or magnetic life/mana/channel counter
- 4 same level 2 necro incantation
- 6 same level 1 undead enchantment
- 1 level 4 or level 6 epic legendary creature kinda like the Game of Thrones White Walker on undead horses or headless horseman
- 4 same level 2 undead flyers
And other cards

krj

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2015, 07:27:54 AM »
Already exists:

i know that there are versions with enhanced background, but how can i get them? (i live in Poland) will they be added in some expansion or sth?

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • Playing face-to-face in Ottawa again soon
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2015, 08:03:43 AM »
i know that there are versions with enhanced background, but how can i get them? (i live in Poland) will they be added in some expansion or sth?

I don't know all the ways to get them, but I assume they're available (or given away?) at conventions, and sometimes they get packaged in with orders from the Arcane Wonders online store (e.g. pre-orders, magnetic boards, promo packs, etc).  Not sure if that helps you in Poland, though.

V10lentray

• Member of Arcane Duels
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2015, 11:17:54 AM »
I have a bunch of them. I got mine in Ambassador Orders From AW, as well as working at Cons, and buying Merch from the AW booths at Cons.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

fas723

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2015, 11:46:32 AM »
I have a bunch of them. I got mine in Ambassador Orders From AW, as well as working at Cons, and buying Merch from the AW booths at Cons.

This doesn't help us Europeans...
I really AW reconsider and travel to EU one day, so that we also had the chance.

Wouter

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2015, 03:23:24 PM »
Yes, it's really not that simple to got the cool stuff here in europe

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2015, 08:08:19 PM »
Personally, I wish it was easier for me to make it over there. Having a whole ocean between us isn't helping any of us.  I know from a business side, we're always looking at things like Essen to see what's feasible for us to attend. We want to come see you guys too.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Necromancer Collectors Set
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2015, 05:23:07 AM »
Personally, I wish it was easier for me to make it over there. Having a whole ocean between us isn't helping any of us.  I know from a business side, we're always looking at things like Essen to see what's feasible for us to attend. We want to come see you guys too.

I don't know if it's true, but I heard from a German Mage wars player (think it was aridigas) that the German distributor is trying to keep a drastically slower release schedule. If so, that sounds like it might be a problem for getting new players into the game over there. And we still haven't heard any news about French Mage wars since the France distributor dropped the product with no warning whatsoever. Is this a pattern? Do European distributors just not want to sell Mage wars for some reason? If so, why not, and why would they agree to sell it in the first place then not follow through and not give any warning if there are any problems?

A surprising number of the best Mage wars players in the world, or at least on octgn, come from Germany. This is so discouraging.
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

fas723

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2015, 09:01:52 AM »

I don't know if it's true, but I heard from a German Mage wars player (think it was aridigas) that the German distributor is trying to keep a drastically slower release schedule. If so, that sounds like it might be a problem for getting new players into the game over there. And we still haven't heard any news about French Mage wars since the France distributor dropped the product with no warning whatsoever. Is this a pattern? Do European distributors just not want to sell Mage wars for some reason? If so, why not, and why would they agree to sell it in the first place then not follow through and not give any warning if there are any problems?

A surprising number of the best Mage wars players in the world, or at least on octgn, come from Germany. This is so discouraging.

One major thing to remember is that most mage wars players here in Europe play the English version, so that is no problem release vise. It is only none-fan players in Germany, France and somewhat Spain who are lazy and can't (or don't have the skill, which I doubt) play with English cards. So if those versions have different release schedule than the English one I will just welcome it. I'm not a fan of having resources taken form new developments in favour of translation cost and time.

exid

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • The longer the better!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2015, 10:27:18 AM »

One major thing to remember is that most mage wars players here in Europe play the English version, so that is no problem release vise. It is only none-fan players in Germany, France and somewhat Spain who are lazy and can't (or don't have the skill, which I doubt) play with English cards. So if those versions have different release schedule than the English one I will just welcome it. I'm not a fan of having resources taken form new developments in favour of translation cost and time.

I play the english version and wouldn't buy a french version now.
But a lot of french people (teens and adults) don't speak english fluently and won't buy a game in english. Those are lost for MW...