May 23, 2024, 07:59:02 PM

Author Topic: Crumble  (Read 4296 times)

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
Crumble
« on: August 16, 2015, 11:14:52 AM »
Am i the only 1 who is shocked to see crumble???

http://www.use.com/images/s_3/2015_07_28_1_308569c0885716eb12f3.jpg

Its target line says 'equipment' opposed to dissolve that targets 'mage'.
Unless im mistaking this means that this card is uncounterable (if we disregard a hidden armor ward and divine intervention.)

Both are range 0-1 so the only downside is that its a full cast.

On top of it you also get 2 mana :O

I havent played in a while so im a bit rusty, and i hope i missed something.

(bye bye hashforge plate.)

Mystery

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Crumble
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2015, 11:42:08 AM »
all enchatment removal is more less uncounterable, but i agree that crumble is quite strong.

Nevertheless, the risk of it not working is present when you select the spell. If you don't have ini, the mage can move away and you don't use it. Right now you always have to work around potential nullifies, this really makes equipment removal faster sometime, but if you want to remove armor for example your mage has to act first before the creatures benefiting of reduced armor....
I am still of the opinion that the 2mana reduction wouldn't need to be necessary.
Otherhand armor ward might see more play, less of this "nullify" saves my armor wizard always has his metamagic tricks might be reduced.

And consider academy: The full action is really valueable there, so ok while the equipment can be casted with the "cheaper" qc.

Wildhorn

• Superior artificial brain, feel free to call me Blaine.
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2015, 12:30:34 PM »
The Full Action is a real deal here. It means if your opponent moves out of the 0-1 range, you can't use it.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2015, 12:36:37 PM »
Mages will just use a Double move and a QC the same way they get rid of the Necro's Cloak.

Arcane Ward could be attached to your equipment as it qualifies as a "Non-Mage Object", yeah just snort derisively like I did when it was pointed out.

This genie is out of the bottle folks....
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2015, 08:06:21 PM »
Mages will just use a Double move and a QC the same way they get rid of the Necro's Cloak.

This is a full action, you couldn't double move and quick cast. I'm sure I'm just missing something though.

Also, this is isn't the first time there was "uncounterable" equipment destruction. Corrosive Orchid is also uncounterable, and it's a quick action. Though, it will cost you considerably more mana.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2015, 08:54:37 PM »

This is a full action, you couldn't double move and quick cast. I'm sure I'm just missing something though.

Also, this is isn't the first time there was "uncounterable" equipment destruction. Corrosive Orchid is also uncounterable, and it's a quick action. Though, it will cost you considerably more mana.
Timed with Initiative you could move twice and then the next round Jinx + Crumble. I just have never liked this targeting feature, so it shouldn't be a surprise.

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2015, 09:44:42 PM »
I see what you're saying about the double move now. It makes sense.

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2015, 11:24:20 PM »
I'm pretty excited to see this get used. It will be fun to see someone put arcane ward on a piece of equipment then it get dissolved and waste the ward. Let the mind games begin!

Nothing is safe!!!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 11:28:21 PM by Coshade »